Quality of Life in Las Vegas>Question Details

Trulia Las V…, Other/Just Looking in Las Vegas, NV

What is Las Vegas like in the winter?

Asked by Trulia Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV Mon Nov 5, 2012

Answers

10
Great question, what specifically are you referring to? Weather, Entertainment?

It's cold, sales are slower, tourism is slower, we're focused more on our family, and getting warm.

If you have some specific questions about real estate, feel free to contact me direct!

http://www.sellstatedeluxe.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 5, 2012
Vegas is beautiful durring winter - We've been here since 1976!

1. Lake Mead is lovely if little wind - 50 to 70 degrees
2. Mt. Charelston has snow and skiing or slay rides, lodge, hotel. Beautiful.
3. City Temps are lows of 30's to highs of 50/60's.
4. Snows ever 4 to 6 years but doesn't stay on ground for more then a day.
Please don't tell anyone how beautiful it is!! If you are looking for agents, my wife and I are available.
Matt and Kim - 702-501-0973
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 5, 2012
Great if you enjoy the outdoors and a bit chilly nights! I'm a golfer and can golf year round here. One problem is that it turns dark so early with sunset around 5PM or earlier with the darkness coming in around 4:30 around Christmas time! Also the nights are a bit chilly with many fireplaces going although any new wood burning ones have been outlawed several years ago due to air pollution!
But overall, it's better than Cleveland from where I moved over 31 years ago. Hopefully this helps and enjoy your first winter here if you're moving shortly!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 5, 2012
We normally have sunshine, but it can be chilly. Most recently, I have seen ice. You'll want to have a hat and gloves on hand, but no shovels! When we first moved here in 1990 it was hard to recognize the four seasons. But there is a subtle distinction.
Try the weather channel . They are pretty accurate about those things .
Vegas is the only place that I think it is safe to say weather is unpredictable. Where else can it be bright, beautiful and sunshiny on one side of the street while pouring down rain on the other??
Compared to other parts of the country Las Vegas a great place to escape the snow and feezing temps.

Robert Adams
Broker/Salesman
The Adams Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies
C:702-349-9175
O:702-932-8813
F:702-932-8826
RobertAdams@LVrealestateHELP.com
http://www.LVrealestateHELP.com
Beautiful...temps are between 45-65 days...nights probably mid 30's to high 40's...very little rain..and mostly sunshine!! You can enjoy the outdoors year round! If your looking for a snowy white Christmas, this isn't the place! We have Mt Charleston just about 45 minutes away if you want to see the weather drop 30 degrees, and yes...their can be snow up there to enjoy the slopes, and trails.!
On December 17, 2008 at 5:00 pm my family got out into the front yard and made a snowman about 5 feet tall. He lasted for a couple hours... I wish I could attach a picture because he was kinda cute. It does get cold but it doesn't last. We have to wrap the trunks of our palm trees in burlap to keep them from freezing but for the most part, winters are pretty mild.

What can I do to help you?

JOAN BENNETT, Realtor SFR, SRES
Keller Williams of So. NV
702-219-9582
http://www.explorevegashomes.com
That's crazy! Just so you know for future reference, you can attach a picture in a post (but not in the discuss thread). Thanks for sharing!
Flag Tue Nov 6, 2012
As for the weather, it is long sleaves and some light jackets most of the time. I retired to Las Vegas becaue I was tired of snow and cold and have not been disappointed. We do get some snow once in a while and every couple of years we get a hard freeze, but our winters would be considered spring weather in a lot of places. As for everything else, it goes on just about the same year round.