Emily Erekuff, Real Estate Pro in Menifee, CA

What features do you think are necessary in a home to keep you and your significant other happily in love?

Asked by Emily Erekuff, Menifee, CA Thu Feb 5, 2009

A dish washer and garbage disposal? Plenty of closet space? A jacuzzi tub?
Valentine's day is coming up and we want to know what you think is needed for the two of you to cohabitate blissfully.

Answers

15
Each other, Communication, time together, time apart, trust, care, loyalty.,humor,friends,dedication....As the years go on the love gets stronger and stronger with all of this....Nothing Material needed....
Ahem, Here is my answer:

1) Sound proof walls
2) A separate home for your in-laws
3) Closet Space galore
4) Office for two - with a large desk facing eachother
5) Private Bath in the master bedroom w/jacuzzi
6) Fireplace!
7) Low Mortgage Payments!
8) Bedrooms for kids on opposite end of house/apt.
9) NO TV in the bedroom!
10) Fresh flowers for your loved one daily :)

Happy Valentines day!
What an interesting question.

I absolutely adore my husband. I think he is brilliant, sweet, strong, handsome ... He is my partner in business, my hero, and my sweet heart ... BUT ... (and I say this with all of the love in my heart) ... He is messy! He uses every possible flat surface in our condo as his personal work space. When he works at home for part of the day (without supervision), our 1,500 sq ft space is a wild array of sickey tabs, notes and piles of contracts. The craziest part is that if I move just one paper, 5 minutes later I will hear him say " Did you move that stickey tab with the phone number on it?" How does he know?

We invested in a great 50's retro duch made secretary. He can put his work in the desk, close the hutch and it all magically goes away! I LOVE THAT DESK ! I mean MAN!

In short, chic storage furnishings is the key to marital bliss. Maybe for Valentine's Day ... professionally designed and installed closet organizers for the next level of our relationship.
A garden and a room with a view would be my votes!
two bathrooms in the master, and 1 room dedicated to her clothes and dressing area.
Does it have to be "his" and "hers"? Whatever happened to "his" and "his" or "hers" and "hers"?
This is really easy: TWO BEDROOMS.
Please don't ask for further details.
Naked rooms. Rooms in which no clothing is allowed. The kitchen would be one....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 28, 2009
Separate living quarters for the entire staff. When the live-in staff is too close to your own living quarters, you’re doomed to have no privacy.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 6, 2009
I'm thinking that each has to have a space of their own. After all, "absence makes the heart grow fonder". Weather its a 72" plama for him in the den, or a jacuzzi tub for her in the relaxing bliss of her own bathroom. Both can lead to looking at mirrors on the ceiling.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 6, 2009
@Roger - I guess it depends on how neat of a person you are relative to your S.O. I like to think of myself as a fairly neat person, but splashing water on the mirrors and leaving watermarks, shaving over the sink and not cleaning up every last tiny piece of hair, and leaving toothpaste caps off for only a few minutes but long enough to increase the likelihood of a toothpastastrophy have decreased my bathroom etiquette rankings tremendously. If you'd like I can demonstrate for you...what time shall I be over? :-)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 6, 2009
I'm reading a lot of props for dual sinks in the bathroom. For the life of me I don't understand why those are so important. Can dual-sink fans please clarify?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 6, 2009
Without a doubt, dual sinks. A second bathroom is always nice but that second sink in the master bathroom would be a godsend. We unfortunately don't have dual sinks so the blissful cohabitation can only be assumed whenever we travel and find a hotel with the matching pair, that keeps us a matching pair.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 6, 2009
a good attitude towards each other.
I would say the very first thing you need is a bathroom with two sinks and separate walk in closets! You can eliminate a lot of problems with just these two features!!
Joanne Bernardini
Sales Associate
Ocean City, NJ 08226
609-2001321