Quality of Life in 45212>Question Details

Connie Villas, Home Owner in Cincinnati, OH

What can be done to get rid of Mold permantely?

Asked by Connie Villas, Cincinnati, OH Sun Apr 22, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

Answers

4
CDS Flood Team’s answer
Hi Connie,
You should definitely hire a professional to be sure you get rid of all it. Mold can cause so many health problems! My brother-in-law actually owns a company in Loveland, OH that deals with water damage and mold remediation. You should check out his website at http://www.floodteam.com. Give them a call and have them come out and give you a quote. :)
I hope this helps!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 25, 2012
To get rid of mold, you need to hire a mold removal company. And yes it can be expensive. But they have the tools and equipment to properly remove the mold.
Good luck,
Duane Johnston
Howard Hanna Real Estate
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 23, 2012
There are a number of ways that mold can be removed. If you don't know how or what you're doing, you're best off hiring a professional.

But more importantly, instead of just removing the mold, it's important to remove the cause of the mold. The conditions that created mold, if they continue to exist, the mold will return.

Mold requires a food source and a water source to grow. High humidity, leaks, lack of ventilation, dark dank basements, or sometimes bathroom vents that terminate in your low ventilated attic, can breed mold. Repair the leak, add ventilation, put the vents through the roof ... whatever your professional suggests you need to do.

And then remain vigilant.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 23, 2012
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
MVP'08
Contact
If you are really serious about it and its a big problem, then hire a professional. Just know that houses have mold, all houses. It's the basic things that we do as we live in them that keeps it at bay. Not letting water stand around, getting fresh air in the house, etc. If this is a house that has been sitting vacant you might be able to treat it with bleach & water and it might not come back. If it just showed up in a house you live in, you might want a professional to find it's source and treat it. Spores can be in your heating system, etc.

Hope this helps.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 23, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer