Trulia Houst…, Other/Just Looking in Houston, TX

What are your favorites things about living in Houston?

Asked by Trulia Houston, Houston, TX Mon Nov 12, 2012

Answers

10
My Favorite thing about Houston is the easy access to shop. There are some fabulous shops & malls in Houston. Natalie, you are correct.. there is GREAT food in Houston... was a Houstonian many years ago and visit family quite often... my wallet is thinner every time I leave.
The variety of everything from eateries to events to the people that coexist in the wonderful large city with a small town feel. Last weekend we ventured into the city for the International Festival devoted to Brazil...what a good time the music, dancing and food were wonderful. Living in the burbs I forget how exciting down town can be. Just don't look up it will make you dizzy!!
Living in the Heights is like being in an entirely different city inside of Houston City Limits. You have easy access to all the major freeways Downtown and Galleria areas. Walk your dog, ride your bike, let your children play outside. This the Heights. All of the art shops, restuarants, bakeries, and just the complete since of community makes this such an amazing place to live.

Kay Cruz
Broker Associate
Monarch Real Estate
713-876-1572
The food and the anything in the heights!
Houston to me is a great place to live. There is so much diversity here that
it constantly amazes me. I really enjoy the options when it comes to dining -
everything from Texas Bar-B-Que and Steak - to Noodle Houses and Thai -
all the way to Columbian Seafood and South African cuisine. And lots of
patio dining too.

In addition - there is always something to do - lots of live concert venues and
live theatres - plus a great symphony. And parks, and the Museum of Natural
Science.

Further - lots of nice day trips - Galveston, Brenham, College Station, Casinos
in Lake Charles, LA.

And best of all - opportunity - if you want to work and cannot find something to
do in Houston - you are probably not looking hard enough.

The coolest thing overall is that just about the time you think you have learned
all the neat stuff to know about Houston - you run across a new neighborhood
with a cool restraunt that you've never been to, and some snazzy local shops -
and your understanding and definition of 'Houston' changes once again.
Houston is an amazingly diverse city. I truly enjoy eating at the various cultural restaurants that Houston has to offer.

Teresa Barrett
Keller Williams Realty Pearland
281-914-8888
The diversity and culture of Houston is wonderful! Social mixed crowds, the many different restaurants for the variety of delicious foods; Lots of Events for families with kids. I can just go on and on lol. Cant forget the Galleria mall, Memorial mall, and Outlet mall for great shopping!
The food! I heard once that you could eat at a new restaurant for every meal and never eat at the same place twice for almost a decade!
My favorite thing about living in Houston is: The options you have for entertainment...it's never ending and next to no way to be able to do everything. Second is the choices of eateries, not much you can't find in this town with the exception of Singapore Pepper Crab and if anyone out there knows of a place please let me know!!
My Favorite thing about living in Houston is absolutely the food!!! Delicious delicacies of all cultures and ethnicities... I have been to some of the largest cities in the US and nobody does it like Houston.

Natalie Bailey
Weichert Realtors
832-493-1239
Making dreams come true one home at a time