Quality of Life in Orlando>Question Details

Erik Hersman, Other/Just Looking in Orlando, FL

What are the top 3 most kid friendly' neighborhoods in Orlando?

Asked by Erik Hersman, Orlando, FL Fri May 11, 2007

I know Orlando is a "kid friendly" town, but what specific neighborhoods are good for raising a family?

Answers

5
Erik,
Just another voice to help with the consensus. Try Celebration. The extensive planning put into that development (I kept up with it from a distance) was outstanding! They effectively recreated an old small town atmosphere--what better place for kids?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 19, 2007
Without a doubt, Baldwin Park (master planned community) is the most family friendly neighborhood and most centrally located. The other neighborhoods are on the outskirts of town.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 18, 2007
I would have to agree with the other 2 comments about Celebration and Dr. Phillips. I would also consider looking at the town of Windermere. Windermere has recently been voted the number one town for families in Florida by neighborhood scout.

I would also consider Hunter's Creek. Hunter's Creek has a variety of parks, sport fields and structured activities for Kids.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 4, 2007
I think without a doubt, the most kid-friendly neighborhood is Celebration. This is just a guess, but any community built by Disney leads me to believe it's kid friendly. Hope this helps.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 12, 2007
Celebration is no boubt a good community, but also look into Waterford Lakes on the east side and Dr. Phillips on the west side. There are a few in Seminole county as well.