Quality of Life in Phoenix>Question Details

Carrie, Both Buyer and Seller in Say Cheese!

What are the nicest Active Adult communities in and around Phoenix?

Asked by Carrie, Say Cheese! Fri Feb 27, 2009

I am looking for an Active Adult community in the area of Phoenix for about $200K, and at least 1400 sqft in a single story SFR. What do you think is a good one, and why? Please include the subdivision and zip.

Thanks.

Answers

14
Scott Clayton’s answer
Carrie,
You're doing the online research to find your next home. You should be rewarded for that. I'll help you buy a home and refund 50% of the real estate commission to you. Realtors typically receive a 3% commission when doing the paperwork to help a buyer purchase. That's a lot of money for a few hours of work, especially in this tight economy!.

I'll rebate 1.5% of the purchase price to you in cash at closing when you buy a new home, resale home, or foreclosure home through me. I offer full service, experienced (29 years) representation to home buyers anywhere in metro Phoenix. Please visit my website. And call if you have questions.....I'm an AZ native and know the area very well.
Web Reference: http://www.cr-az.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 5, 2009
Hello Carrie,

I specialize in Active Adult Communities and I have a website that will provide you exactly what you're looking for. An EXTENSIVE list of communities with descriptions, photos, homes for sale, virtual tours and more. You can take an "arm chair" tour of just about EVERY 55+ community in the Greater Phoenix and Casa Grande areas. I also have all the new homes available.

Each page has a contact me form, so I'm easy to get hold of if you have questions. Enjoy.

Margaret Stephens
Assoc Broker
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
480-628-0960
mstephens@njoyazlife.com
Web Reference: http://www.GolfAt55.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 3, 2009
There are several communities in the greater Phoenix area that might work for you. Here is a list of some homes that meet the basic criteria that you have outlined in your question.

http://www.flexmls.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi?151yfgq5v5p9&s=1…
Active Adult Communities like Corte Bella, Sun City Grand, Sun City are really great. Are you a golfer? Serious socialite? More reserved and want solitude? Call me to discuss your needs and I can offer great advice on location.

I work with many relocation clients, especially retirees looking in these communities. Let me help make your move easier.

Bridgette
(480) 772-1120
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 15, 2014
My friend's mother decided to live at Sunshine Retirement in Tucson. She really likes it and my friend is happy her mother is able to enjoy her retirement years. The meals are cooked and housekeeping done. They have a pool, spa and plenty of activities.There is a beauty salon, cafe and other stores right on the premises. Here is the info:

Retirement Community in Tucson
Manor at Midvale
6250 S Commerce Court
Tucson, AZ 85746
888-481-0447

I am also including a link to the site so you can read more about it.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 7, 2014
Dear namesake,

I noticed you spammed this post to at least two other sites. It must be your favorite post.

I also noticed your language skills are somewhat limited. You'd probably do better improving your English and grammer if you're going to post having a name just like mine.

The Real Carrie
Carrie,

I haven't reviewed all of the answers you received below so I'm shooting from the hip as I see read your question.

I my mind as I approach 55 years and am looking for some what the same thing you are, there is only one area I would consider that offers what I want, when I want it, without the burden of 300 per month HOA dues.

The problem is that at 200k you would be hard pressed to find A SFR that brings things up to par, so to speak.

I would consider a condo in Fountain Hills which is where I am looking.

I have lived in Scottsdale for 8 years now and vacationed for 20 before that and become pretty familiar with the feel of the area.

It's a small town that has a nice community feel and good access to get away to the bright city lights if you need it. Golf courses are available if you want them as are some area amenities like shopping. It's not loaded with fancy label high dollar restaurants, but has some good niche places to eat if you know where to find them.

I visited a condo yesterday that a friend of mine bought and improved on and it was really beautiful. Mountain views too. Just a very, very clean neighborhood "feel".

Take a look here and explore it a little bit. http://www.fh.az.gov/

I can mail you information about the area and you can also look for homes and condos on trulia or zillow at your leisure.

Although I am a Realtor here in Scottsdale and know the Fountain Hills area very well. I actually work with another Realtor who knows Fountain Hills as a resident should you need some further guidance.

As always, thank you so much for posting your question here on Trulia and good luck in your search.

Should you need further information I invite you to contact me directly instead of posting an answer here as I don't monitor answers, only questions.

Stew Keene
Signature Realty Group
2008-2009 Master of Real Estate award
Scottsdale, AZ
Web Reference: http://www.stewkeene.com
Thanks, Jay and Randy.

Carrie
Hey Carrie...

While you're shopping websites and doing your research, here's another one for you to try. The link is shown below. When you get there, under "Features" click on Adult Communities. Enjoy!

...randy
Gee, Randy, I have only been looking for this property for about a week. As a rule, I don't look for agents on Trulia, but this time, I needed info on what the local 55+ subdivisions are called. In Palm Springs, you can search http://www.desertareamls.com by subdivision. Slick, eh?

Why haven't I used the four agents I e-mailed? Their search websites, lovely though they are, were searched for me, and none of them were appropo to my needs. Am I blunt? I doubt it. I prefer candor and clear communication; it saves time.

Have I used other agents before? Sure. Whenever I buy a property, I always use an agent. I want one who is direct, knows the area, and can pull out a pencil, do the math, and help me close.

Jay, thanks for the list. It will get me started.

BTW, Randy, I am a retired doc, so I know what following ethical guidelines and criminal laws means. You can wave your papers at someone else. I hope that was blunt enough for you.
Hey Carrie...

My mother's dead, so the cost of that call to her would be a bit high. :)

You don't seem to have a problem being quite direct, if not blunt, so may I ask you a question? You've apparently been "looking around" for quite a while, and you've no doubt come across many agents on Trulia (and probably other sites) that are professional and knowledgeable. It sounds like you've met with a few. So why have you not developed a working relationship with one of them, one-on-one, and allowed them the honor of providing you with information and assistance that you want?

Kindest regards,

...randy
It seems to me that any agent I have met has no trouble showing me a subdivision they consider "nice." As a rule, I have not been shown subdivisions that are not. So pretend you are driving me around and show me.

You do it all the time.
If you don't know what "nice" means, ask your mother. It means nicely kept landscaping, friendly neighbors, and gung-ho property managers.

I prefer golf, pools, a few faux lakes, lots of activities, pet OK, eating facilities a plus.

I need to know the names and locations of active adult communities in the area.
Hi Carrie!

I totally agree with Jay - define "nice" for us, and then we can give you some specific responses. And I also agree with him that the greater Phoenix area has a VERY nice variety and selection of Active Adult (55+) communities. If you would like to see homes that meet your parameters, including features, prices, areas, mapping, descriptions, amenities, in your price range, etc., I'd be happy to set up a search profile and website/portal for you. Just let me know.

All the best!

...randy

Randy Hooker
Buyer's Broker