Vikash Shah, Both Buyer and Seller in 48098

What are the nice zip codes in Yorba Linda, CA if you are a 50 age couple?

Asked by Vikash Shah, 48098 Wed Oct 3, 2007

Specifically looking for a 3 bedroom and 2 bath. By nice I mean safe, good neighborhood and activities near by (city life, outdoors...etc). Thanks for the help in advance!

Answers

11
You must check out East Lake. It's a small lake surrounded by attached homes. Small electric boats cruze the lake, streets are lined with white fenced horse trails, community pools, and winding green belts. Simply one of the best HOAs in the area.
Web Reference: http://www.PeltonTeam.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 26, 2008
Some parts of Yorba Linda can be too far from the main freeway and malls. The YL community that is closer to Brea and Fullerton is better because of the schools, nearby shopping and freeways. Imperial and Prospect is a great community. http://www.17160walnut.com. Yes its my listing and is a standard sale with no short sale problems or REO fixing needed. Take a look and tell me what you think. Cul de Sac Street, very safe and many close families that watch out for each other.
Web Reference: http://www.17160Walnut.com
It's hard to find an area in Yorba Linda that isn't nice. And that's not a canned answer. The community is spectacular. 92886 is a great area regardless of age and communities like East Lake Village and Vista del Verde are a couple of the highest desirable neighborhoods.
Yorba Linda is a great area. You really can't go wrong anywhere in the city. Happy house hunting!
There are no bad zip codes in Yorba Linda, I have lived here for 35 years and it is like a little bit of heaven.
There are only three zip codes in Yorba Linda: 92886 – West and West/Central; 92887 – East and East/Central; and 92885 – Post Office Box addresses. Based on your question, you would probably want to consider 92886, and portions of 92887 that are more central Yorba Linda. This is where you will find the majority of our fine city’s conveniences, shopping, parks and trails – set in a pleasant semi-urban environment. To be honest, there really are no “unsafe” neighborhoods in Yorba Linda.
I agree, East Lake is my choice too. However, all of Yorba Linda is not the same. Make sure you are not in a county area so as to be able to vote in city elections. Do not go past La Palma or the Acura dealership as that is windy, fire prone, far from all shopping and as a matter of fact, as a broker I never took a buyer out there without disclosure. In fact no one went there after I told them how much commuting was involved. If you want neighbors who talk and know each other, a real community, East Lake has it in spades. Best deal in California for the HOA has so many amenities at such a low cost, many think it is a city sponsored enterprise. We are truly lucky here.
Both zipcodes (92886-92887) in Yorba Linda are extremly safe. However if you are looking for a proximity and walking distance to stores and activities, the East lake community offers it all. With Hoa fees at $65 a month(homes not on the lake, but close to the lake) you will enjoy Club house, pools ,spa, gym, boating activities, fishing and more. It is a great place for adults that still want to have an active life.
Hope this helps, for more updated info and to check the mls go to http://www.TheAragoneTeam.com
My first home was on the Lake at East Lake...as a 30 year old bachelor! In fact, John Force has a home on the lake as well. This community is very active with weekly events at the clubhouse and you will make friends very quickly. The tranquil walks around the lake and electric boats that you can dock right outside your back door makes this community a top pick for you! And prices are coming down off there highs. One small nugget, the street Via Apolina is the only street with the 2700 sqft models, which is what I had. This is the largest model on the lake and very spacious for entertaining. Good Luck!
You simply can not go wrong in any of Yorba Linda's zip codes. Known as the "Land of Gracious Living" it lives up to its slogan. Vista Del Verde seems to be the current favorite hot spot, around Black Gold Golf Club and the Camino De Bryant area on the east end of Yorba Linda is also active.
Vikash:
Look no further than Villa del Rio - most families are grown and gone - and those that arent' soon will be. 92887 is the zip - look above the hill as well as near the park.