Quality of Life in Bryn Mawr>Question Details

santamez, Home Buyer in Bryn Mawr, PA

What are the best school districts to live in, around the borders between NY, NJ and PA?

Asked by santamez, Bryn Mawr, PA Sat Mar 30, 2013

What will be the best bet for quality of life and price?

Answers

4
I like greatschools.org as a resource for school information. Regarding the rest of your question, that is a broad question re: 3 large states. Have you considered the New Hope/Lambertville area? It would help to know where you need/want to be near. For example, where does everyone in your family work/attend school?

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
856.979.5967
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://Kurfiss.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 31, 2013
I really appreciate your answer.
Indeed, I need to be closer to Newburgh NY, but I regret so much to leave PA.
I´m looking for something affordable but not overpriced. We remodeled and upgraded our house in Lititz 6 months ago.
For us, a good school district is as important as a quiet and nice place to raise a family; and of course, to be close enough to my husband job (no more than 25-30 miles). Any suggestion is more than welcome!
Flag Sun Mar 31, 2013
Eric: I really appreciate your answer.
Lambertville area is too far for my needs. Indeed, I need to be closer to Newburg NY, but I regret so much to leave PA...
I´m looking for something nice, affordable but not with the crazy prices of the "city". I have children, and to me is really important a good school district and a quiet place to raise my family. And of course, to be close enough to my husband job (no more than 25-30 miles). Any suggestion is more than welcome!
Flag Sun Mar 31, 2013
Eric: I really appreciate your answer. Lambertville area is too far for my needs. Indeed, I need to be closer to Newburg NY, but I regret so much to leave PA...
Flag Sun Mar 31, 2013
Flag Sun Mar 31, 2013
Flag Sun Mar 31, 2013
Haverford Township. Less expensive than Radnor or Lower Merion, but the schools are just as good (no matter what the Lower Merion and Radnor people tell you!). I know because my kids all graduated from Haverford High School and went to the elementary schools, and they are all now fabulously successful adults. Haverford Township, specifically Havertown, has great housing stock and is much more affordable than Lower Merion or Radnor too.
Check out http://www.greatschools.org. It will give you lots of useful information about school districts that the performance of schools within them.
Thank you so much! I discovered the web site, and I love it!
I think I have to pick something not to far from my husband office. So even though I love to live in PA, and I´m afraid of NY taxes, I have to find something closer to Newburgh, NY.
Any suggestion is very welcome!
Flag Sun Mar 31, 2013
School choice is a personal decision and quality depends on what features of the school are important to you and your family. Factors such as graduation rate, availability of various courses, availability of support, sports, etc. can make someone prefer or not prefer a school. There are several online resources, including each districts websites, that will give you information that will allow you to assess whether a school district is right for you.