Lisa, Both Buyer and Seller in Austin, TX

What are the best areas in Santa Rosa for single, professional women?

Asked by Lisa, Austin, TX Fri Oct 12, 2007

Answers

8
Thanks all! Great input..and honestly , I liked the variety of answers since I am not sure what type of single woman I exactly am yet!...seclusion near the beach, cabin in the woods both sound great some days. But alittle more towards the' town square' is probably needed. I got a lot to look at. Thanks again!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 15, 2007
I was going to suggest Willie's Wine Bar for a glass of Chardonnay and some nosh and then let's see what happens! But It dawned on me--Heck--I'm married!!! Oh well!!
I have to agree with the other Real Estate Pros. I was single for quite some time, I lived in the Montgomery Village area, close to downtown, but a cute bunglow style home. Another place I am thinking of is Windsor Town Greene, cute area, nice condos over shops. Quiet in the evening but bustling over the weekend. There are several nice areas to live in here in Sonoma County, the biggest question is what is your style? Do you see yourself in a condo, or a craftsman, or a newer home? The best way is to drive through neighborhoods, sometimes after hours, see the activity. I worked with a single lady who moved here from Los Angeles area, she wanted to be downtown Santa Rosa, I had her contact the police department to see what they thought of the area. She still lives there and is happy as a clam!
Hi Lisa,

Thank you for coming back to the post. If you need people to show you around , give your favorite one a call.

Enjoy it whereever you decide to go - like you said, there is so much to look forward to!

Sylvia
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin, CA
I guess we need to make a few assumptions about single, professional women to answer the question. I'll Assume that interaction with others, security and elegance are high on the list. I'd look at the condos and homes in the Fountaingrove area and northeast areas. There are many more urban areas that Sylvia and Dave pointed out also. We really need to clarify what the unattached professional woman of a certain age likes --such as her preferences for condos vs. single family homes, land, price range, city vs. country, style, etc. Perhaps quiet and natural win out over urban and proximity to restaurants and theaters.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 14, 2007
Sorry, Ed, I agree with Dave also.

A single, professional women (I used to be single) - unless she just loves quite and nature - which i dion't think is the case because she asked - should be somewhere she can find single professionals and lots of activities.

Stay with urban areas, you will have nice restaurants, shops, clubs, churches, cultural activities, museums and other things to do and explore during your time off.

Downtown Santa Rosa; around Sonoma State, downtown Petaluma are all good places to be. if you go to Petaluma, you will have reverse commute to Santa Rosa, yet still can go to the city (San Francisco) and NAPA during the weekends.

I love downtown Petaluma (east Petaluma), with a lot of older, renovated shops, victoria homes, and revived shopping and entertainment. Great for singles. Petaluma's price has come down considerably also, might be a place you want to check into.

Good night Ed,
Sylvia
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2007
I love the coastal areas too, but single, professional women often want to be near urban areas for a variety of reasons. One factor might be to have neighbors for companionship and security. A second reason might be to partake of entertainment, dining, and sporting activities that are abundant in more populated areas. A third might be to hang out with your peers or look for a relationship. As beautiful as Cazadero is, it's not where you'd go to have dinner, play soccer, and look for a professional guy to date.
The Railroad Square area of Santa Rosa is intended to develop as a thriving urban core. That might be an interesting place to look. The Windsor Town Green area is trying to do the same thing and they have built some good live-work units. Apart from that, the east side of 101 from Cotati through Windsor has lots of neighborhoods where single, professional women could live comfortably. If you are academically oriented, I'd look near Sonoma State in Rohnert Park or Cotati.
The best areas are not in Santa Rosa.

The best areas are closer to the coast for a single... professional woman.

Cazadero and Jenner are absolutely beautifull areas close to Santa Rosa.

Affordably priced and absolute dream areas.