Quality of Life in Longmont>Question Details

Seth, Home Buyer in Ventura, CA

What are the average costs of utilities in Longmont, CO?

Asked by Seth, Ventura, CA Sat Dec 1, 2007

Answers

7
I can't answer your question specifically, however, you can call the local utility companies and ask.

Also, if you know of a specific address the utility company can tell you the last 12 months averages.

Depending on square footage, windows, mechanical efficiency ratings, insulation, when/how the house was built etc... will depend on cost.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2007
As far as a specific home's utilities go - they are typically considered confidential and the owner of the home needs to request from the utility company a high/low/average for the last 12 months. Utility companies are very willing to provide that to the homeowner and they in turn can make this information available to their real estate agent to provide to potential buyers. I just got a gas and electric average for a listing I have on a townhome in Longmont. The water and sewer are paid by the HOA - and the gas and electric run about $120 per month combined. So pretty reasonable I would say.
All figures are based on year round average

Xcel = gas $40 to $50 per month

City of Longmont provides electric, water, sewer, trash pick up
trash = $14.28 per month
Sewer = $7 to $10 per month
Water = $12.40 base per month. Summer usage will increase that in direct proportion to lot size and landscaping. Our personal bill runs much higher.
Electric = $45 $60 per month. Air conditioning will also bump that amount higher if owners prefer very cool home.
Seth,

The owner is compiling real numbers which will be forwarded to you ASAP.

Sandy Taylor
Keller Williams 1st
Hey Seth,
You actually want to ask this question of the individual sellers, who should keep a copy of a utility bill next to the agent's flyer.

By the way, ask about energy star appliances if appliances are being rolled in with a home sale.

And isn't great that these questions are accessible three years later!

SuZ
Seth, A good rescource for Longmont is the city web site at HTTP:ci.longmont.co.us if that dosent help contact me and I will see what I can do to help you.