Quality of Life in Greenwich>Question Details

ag00, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

What are summers and winters like in Greenwich?

Asked by ag00, San Diego, CA Tue Oct 15, 2013

Wanted direct info from folks who live there.

Answers

8
99% of the time our seasons follow along with what everyone is saying. (I was born and raised here and can't think of anywhere else I'd rather live - god bless the seasons!!!). That being said, we had a major thunderstorm here yesterday (in January!), so sometimes a curve ball is thrown.
Summers are pleasant with only a few sweltering dog days. Most days are sunny and great beach/outdoor weather. Winters in the past you could be sure of lots of snow and cold but in the 22 years that I have lived here I have seen it become milder. There's only a couple of days a winter that you are forced to stay home and have a movie day.

The Public Works Dept is terrific at getting streets cleared and keeping the town functioning.

It's a wonderful four season community as you can see by the photos in my most recent newsletter, just email me for a copy of it.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013
The weather is mild due to the proximity to Long Island Shore. The temperatures don't meet the lows or highs that you would experience in neighboring towns 20 miles away. Just 45 minutes North the schools have 5-10- snow days while Greenwich usually has about 2-3. The summers are kept cooler due to the off shore breezes. I hope this helps.
Hello ag00,
The town of Greenwich has fairly consistent weather each year for summer. The summer season has temperatures usually in the 80's and 90's with humidity so can feel much warmer than it actually is. However; if you live closer to Long Island Sound then it can be a bit milder and sometimes breezy.

Winters can vary on the amount of snowfall and coldness. Some winters are milder than others with not much snowfall where other winters can be brutal with many snowstorms and temps in the teens or lower for a few days at a time.

Nothing can beat the Fall and Spring seasons as it's absolutely beautiful. The changing leaf colors in Autumn are glorious. And Spring is also very colorful with all the different varieties of flowers and flowering trees blooming throughout the season.

Quite different than San Diego as you do experience all 4 seasons here.

Best wishes!

Laura Feghali
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices New England Properties
Hi ag00,

I lived in California years ago and really hated the weather, I missed the change of seasons. That I think is the key. We rarely get the blizzards or the huge storms but they do visit on occasion. Greenwich is subject to the "shore effect". The temperature near the water tends to be more mild than further in-land.

Come to Greenwich and see how wonderful and beautiful New England can be.
Best, Jay Cooke
Greenwich is one of the most beautiful places to live...I was just saying to a colleague yesterday - "How lucky are we?" The quality of life is pretty sweet....Greenwich is 10 degrees on average warmer than the Northern New England States: Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine....therefore Spring comes sooner and Fall lasts longer. We have had the most amazing couple of weeks of glorious Fall weather. There are usually a couple of messy winter months, summers can sometimes bring a few days of humidity. No one place is perfect, but Greenwich comes close.
I lived very close in Westchester county for quite some time and Peter is correct with the conditions in that area.... But I would like to add that it is an amazing place! This community "not too far from NYC is one of the nicest communities in the country... The quality of life is filled with a large number of "A" list celebrities etc. The price tag to live in this area is also very hefty as well.....
But I always remember my days here and loved it!
Summer is very warm 80s - 90s some days are very humid in July & August

Winters are mild we have one to two weeks that can get very cold.