Quality of Life in Boston>Question Details

Sfboston, Renter in Boston, MA

What are good neighborhoods to rent a house (3BA/2BA minimum) in the Boston area?

Asked by Sfboston, Boston, MA Mon Nov 1, 2010

We are moving to Boston with our family (2 children under 3) and need to rent a house/large condo from which we can T to Tufts Medical Center and also is in a famly friendly area with good day care options. Ideal commute time is 30 minutes or less. We also need to know approx price ranges for rentals.

Answers

6
30 minutes or less to Tufts you are looking at Medford, Somerville, Cambridge, Belmont and perhaps Watertown. The rental options are quite limited to 2-3 Fam. Homes 1900-1930 and some nicer condo buildings in Cambridge. Really depends on what you can afford, but realistically Belmont and Medford are more affordable and family friendly. (I personally prefer Belmont since I live here).
Hi SfBoston,

If you are looking for good rental to help you with your search, feel free to drop me a line. I personally do rentals, but can help you find a couple of good rental agents in the target areas. Good Luck with your search!

Jeet Shahani
Hammond Residential R.E
http://(www.hammondre.com)
Hi There,

If access to public transportation and a 30 min commute are a top priority, you might want to look in areas that the T travels directly to. Towns such as Brookline, Newton, Melrose, Quincy and Braintree all meet that criteria and additionally have a reputation for family friendly towns. Prices for these towns differ greatly but if you would like additional info please feel free to contact me.

Best-

Joe
Hi Sfboston - I have clients who work at TMC and live in Winchester and Lexington. Both have strong rental markets of single family homes and both are fantastic commuter locations. Price range from low $2,000's to $10,000 per month. Both communities have top tiered schools and outstanding resale values (should you decide to buy a home down the road). Best of luck to you!
Hi SfBoston! Congrats on yor move!!

If you are going to be at Tufts Medical Center. I would strongly suggest Brookline, Newton as 2 very good options for you. These towns are known for their schools, are close to Boston and commuter friendly by T.

If I knew more about what you were looking for, I could suggest a couple more options but based on the information you provided these 2 towns fit the best. Hope this helps!

Please see my contact information below, if you have any other questions- I am available by phone or email. Cheers!
There are several locations that will work for you. If your children are school age, then the schools in the area would be most important. It is easy to get to Tufts in 30 minutes from most locations, so to narrow down I would think of your price range.

Medford would be a great location and is on the T.

Feel free to contact me for details.