Geoff, Home Buyer in Wisconsin

We're thinking about buying in Sail Boat Bay condos (Gulf Shores).

Asked by Geoff, Wisconsin Fri Mar 7, 2008

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks,Geoff

Answers

11
I live in Foley, about 10 miles north, and we are also looking at a unit at Sailboat Bay. The location is very unique when you consider you can get to Fort Morgan, Wolf Bay/Orange Beach, or Magnolia River from there by water fairly easily.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 7, 2008
Thanks to all of you for your comments. We bought in Sailboat Bay back in May and we love it. It's a great community, very well maintained, and the location is beyond wonderful. Geoff

Kevin: Did I meet you the other day while you were looking at a unit?
Geoff, see my earlier posting on August 24, when someone else was considering Sail Boat Bay. It it really one of my absolute favorite places. Why? It is off the beaten path. You get somewhat the security of being on Mobile Bay rather than directly facing the Gulf. We always loved the the end units where one could enjoy both the Intracoastal Canal goings-on as well as Mobile Bay. I did not care for the original units (the oldest on the place); I preferred the 3-bedroom and, depending on your plans and abilities, the units with elevators come in handy. Sail Boat Bay has been around for quite a while but it is, in my opinion and many years of renting in Gulf Shores, as well as being an original resident (just past the Indian stage), one of the best possible neighborhoods...whether for full-time or partial residence.
Sail Boat Bay is fantastic! My parents have a 3BR/2BA condo and they loved the area so much that they've bought a retirement home there. The condo is about to go up for sale. Fantastic location, next to the tennis courts and pool. They have a perfect view since they are on the end of the water access and you can see up the canal. BEAUTIFUL! We are heading there soon and I just can't wait! Hope you found what you were looking for but if you didn't and you're looking for an immaculate 3BR/2BA, let me know.
Kristen Alger
kristenalger@comcast.net
Geoff, have you made a decision yet on Sailboat Bay? I am a former native of Gulf Shores, growing up there as the coastal area grew. As I married and my family grew, Sailboat Bay was a favorite place for us to stay when visiting family in the area. We loved the location, just off the main part of the beach but with the great view of Mobile Bay and, if you were in the right location, the boats going thru the intracoastal canal. It was quite, private with amenities that appealed to the family along with the convenience of the boat slip for permanent or temporary stays. I am a professional REALTOR in Georgia now but will very gladly share my lifelong love and memories of Gulf Shores (I met my husband at the original Hangout), along with providing you with a referral for an excellent, knowledgeable REALTOR professional in the area. Best wishes.
Goeff-
I love sailboat bay. It is so calm and peaceful. Do you already have a realtor hunting down the great buys out at Sailboat Bay? I would like an opportunity to interview as your buyers agent. I have been working at RE/MAX of Gulf Shores for over 4 years before that I sold real estate for Meyer Real Estate. I have lived along the coastline for over 30 years and I still am completely mesmurized everytime I am at the water. My information is listed below.
Kristy Bushaw
RE/MAX of Gulf Shores
AL Broker/FL Realtor
251.223.1111
Contact Sandra Harper at Harper Realty http://www.harperrealtyonline.com for info on Sailboat Bay condos for sale.
Hello Geoff,

It is a great time to buy in this area. Prices are low and Baldwin County is growing. I'm sure, if you've been here in he last few years, that you'll agree the area has a lot to offer, and Sailboat Bay is in an outstanding location for boating of any kind! You might consider using a Buyer's Agent, to work any real estate transaction in your behalf.

Best wishes,

Dan Therrell
Dauphin Realty
Fairhope, AL
I can help you. My name is Shannon Grantham and my husband and I are newlyweds and need to sell our condo. It is recently remodeled, 2 bedroom, 2 bath, full kitchen, living & dining areas. You'd love it here! Perfect place for retirement. They have an indoor and an outdoor pool, hot tub, fitness room, & tennis courts. It is a private gated community on the bay. It's beautiful. It's very secluded from everything, yet only 10 minutes from everything - great location. Please call or email if you are interested. We desperately need to sell and are not looking to make any money (just get out of it). We cannot afford it. We'd love to work with you.

Shannon Grantham
251.979.9977
slc4him@hotmail.com
Hi...would like to see pics of your condo if you have any....we are shopping for a condo currently and are looking at a few in sailboat .....if you have a price please send that too.
thanks
Steve
mrjsh@comcast.net
Flag Mon May 13, 2013
Are you looking to purchase your condo for your use, for short-tem rental or for you primary residence? This is important in answering your question. First, the market in Gulf Shores is great right now for buyers, but you need to look at what your goals are with this unit to determine if this is the best option for you. A good agent can supply a lot of information to you about fair market prices, what you can expect in the long and short term, and what you can expect in price fluctuation over the next year or two. Have you looked at comparable properties? If you aren't already working with a Realtor, I would love to help you as I work the beach on a regular basis, and am in fact closing a condo sale on West Beach Blvd. tomorrow. My cell is 251-367-3602, and my office is 251-990-6622.-Liz Hoffman, Coldwell Banker Reehl Properties, Inc.
As you probably know, Gulf Shores is quite lovely. I would love to assist you. Are you just looking for an opinion about the complex, or is there a specific concern(s)? Are you interested in a particular unit or just in general? Also, do you have a preference for a 'Direct View' or 'Indirect View'? Will this be your primary residence, rental property, vacation home? Please let me know if I can be of help. You may contact me directly through my website, which will have my email & phone number.
Web Reference: http://www.tiastanley.com