Quality of Life in 19403>Question Details

Mk, Home Buyer in Pennsylvania

We're looking to move into the Audubon area. How far does the sound of guns from the Rod and Gun club travel?

Asked by Mk, Pennsylvania Thu Nov 15, 2007

The Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club is at 2857 Egypt Rd. The club is open until midnight-- how loud are the shots, and how often do you hear them?

Answers

8
The Gun Club is open till midnight for the indoor range only. The outdoor ranges close around 8:00 pm in the summer, at dusk in the winter months.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 24, 2014
I love about 2-3 miles away. On Friday nights (for some reason) we hear the gun shots for a few hours. Other than that it is rare that we hear anything. How much foliage is on the trees also will make some difference. You will hear more in the winter than in the summer. No buffer of the sound. Hope this helps.....
I live very close to the gun club, have been here for 20 years and honestly I don't even notice it anymore. I walk my dogs on Brenda Lane and they don't notice it either! Every once in a while I hear them calling over the loudspeakers more than the shots, but its rare, more in winter when trees are bare I hear it but it really doesn't bother me.
That answer will depend on alot of factors-the caliber of the rifles being shot, a magnum is much louder than a 22, the direction of the wind-will make the sound travel much farther, and what is or is not in the way between your house and the rifle range. But in general a rifle shot can be heard pretty far (as in miles). I would ask the gun club when the next shooting event is if it is soon, and go to the area you are considering to see (hear) for yourself. More importantly is that if the noise is not that bad, you may want to go to the club and see if they have a plot plan of the property to see which may the rifle range is laid out and which may is down range from the house you are considering. I just sold a peice of land that borders a rifle range, and my buyer built a beautiful house on the lot. The noise wasn't a big factor for them, as that range closes at sunset.
Far, we live off Featherbed and that is all you hear
MK,

I lived in Mill Grove apartments way back and was never really impacted by the club.
I can't figure out how to edit my question-- we are looking about a 1/2 mile away (in the woodsedge/ featherbed lane vicinity).
We are on Featherbed, it's about a mile away. They only really shoot early on most Friday evenings, and sometimes on a weekend morning if there is a special event - never that early in the morning that I remember. You do hear the popping on that evening, but it is not loud; if someone is doing roofing on your street, that is more noticeable and louder.
Flag Thu Nov 14, 2013
How close to the club do you plan to move?
Gregory S. Parker, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Realty Professionals
2924 Swede Road
East Norriton, PA 19401
Office 610-277-5000 Ext. 249
Direct 610-994-1147
Fax 610-277-1556
E-Mail greg.parker@coldwellbanker.com
Website http://www.phillyareahomehunter.com