Quality of Life in Winona>Question Details

Casey Finner…, Home Buyer in 14424

We're looking for good neighborhoods in WInona, MN.

Asked by Casey Finnerty, 14424 Fri Feb 22, 2008

Can anyone recommend locations that are good for young families and also within walking distance to parks, schools, shopping, etc.? We've had Knopp Valley recommended to us, but we'd also like to hear about neighborhoods closer to downtown.

Answers

7
Hi Casey!

I'm not qualified to give you a great answer, as I've not lived in the area, but I'd get a hold of a qualified Realtor in the area and pick his/hers brain about it over a cup of coffee before I'd go any further. This could be done by phone, if you're not in the area, but either way, it'd be time well spent. If you need a referral to a good Realtor, I'd be happy to help.

I hope that helps in your search!

Thanks, Todd Norsted
Web Reference: http://www.toddnorsted.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 25, 2008
Try the west side of Winona. There are houses there close to schools and shopping and restaurants. Check out 554 Hilbert street. It's close to everything on the west side and not far from downtown. The house gas a fenced yard and many updates.....and a great price.
Casey - I have a home for sale in a nice neighborhood that is near down town and also near the aquatic center. Contact me for more info.
Goodview is a wonderful city that is connected to Winona. Very quiet - big yards - good school! Our home is currently for sale in Goodview. 3920 West FIfth Street - open to offers!
Hi again Casey - You may want to check on Waterford Circle. Excellent neighborhood - only a few blocks from the middle school and only 2 miles from downtown. Knopp Valley is nice too - lots of kids - parks, etc. The only concern with Knopp Valley is the exit out of Knopp Valley - very heavy 45mile/hour traffic. We build new homes but I'd be happy to put you in touch with a local realtor to show you existing homes & neighborhoods.
Hello Casey,
In a town the size of Winona you might consider thinking in terms of what type of home you like or dislike. Locations often relate to home styles. By the time you settle on a price range and choose the homes that look good you'll probably find there are not that many choices.
Once you you find some homes that look good on-line go to the area and look around. See if you feel comfortable.
Looking for homes in a smaller town is different than the metro area. There are not as many choices, not the huge variety to choose from.
We live in Red Wing. We found that even with fewer choices there are quality of life issues that have made living in a small town a great thing.
You might find our web site a little easier to use for this type of search than some of the big twin cities Real Estate Brokers. I can't help you look for homes,but a link to the web site is below.
Hi Casey -We have been building homes in winona for almost 35 years. I'd be happy to show you around and show you some new homes we have available in Winona.

Mike Ellefson
Ellefson Builders, Inc.
http://www.BuildWinona.com