ellewill, Both Buyer and Seller in Fairfield, CT

We're considering a move to Milford, CT from Fairfield, CT. We like Fairfield a lot, but we could get more

Asked by ellewill, Fairfield, CT Tue Jul 29, 2008

house for our money and hoping for a water view. Any thoughts/comments on Milford, especially Devon?

Answers

7
I am not in real estate thus this is not a sales pitch.
I moved from from the Gould Manor area of Fairfield approx. 30 years ago and have not regreted it for one minute. I live in the Woodmont area of Milford two blocks from beautiful Anchor Beach. Milford's Schools are great especially East Shore Middle where teachers actually care for their students.
Depending on your budget and your Family situation start your search for homes in Woodmont, you can't go wrong.
Be well.
Tom G.
Hi ,

As a Milford resident for over 20 years and a Realtor , I am proud of the growth in Milford. We have a very vibrant down town area with many speciality shops and restaurants such as Rainbow Gardens, Bistro Basque, Cafe Atlantique Stonebridge Mangels Chocolates,and more. Having easy access to the train has also been a plus for many buyers. I have worked with several buyers like yourself that know they can get more "bang for their buck " in Milford. Rivercliff is an great area of homes that appeal in both price and style to buyers and it borders the Housatonic making a great walking destination. There are many other areas in Milford such as Walnut Beach with is experiencing a revitalization of its own with coffee shops, art galleries and more. There are many places in Milford where you can find a good home and easy access or views of the water as well as access to a wide variety of stores and major highways. Our taxes are based on a 5 year phase in and have actually come down a bit this year.

If you are interested in more information about Milford, its schools or other services, feel free to contact me.

If you have not already been pre-approved, I can recommend some lenders. There are a variety of programs out there for homebuyers such as FHA , 203K (which allows you to incorporate home improvements into your mortgage) and more.
You are very wise in considering this transition to Milford. Although Fairfield is a beautiful town itself, Milford is equally as nice, and boasts many of the same amenities as Fairfield for a lot less. For example, Milford offers the same Metro North train line to NYC, the beaches are just as nice and best of all, Milford is New Haven County. Because it's a part of New Haven County, you will no longer have to pay Fairfield County taxes.

Now is also a fantastic time to purchase a new home because home prices are very low. In addition, current mortgage rates are historically low, so there are plenty of great deals to be had. Total Mortgage Services is a national lender, located right here in Milford, CT. Check out our web site and give us a call. We are licensed mortgage professionals that can offer expert advice on home financing.

Best of luck!

Total Mortgage Services
I have a great listing in the Rivercliff area right now. As the other agents mentioned it is a great little section of Milford that has always been quite popular. Please contact me and I will be happy to email you my listing.
Suzanne DeSantie
suzanne@vanderblueteam.com
The Higgins Group Fairfield
Want to know a lot more about Milford? I can set you up with an agent from the #1 ERA office in the State of CT. I'm sure that you have heard of ERA - Property World and broker/owner Arnold Peck. Check out the website: erapropertyworld.com and/or http://associates.era.com/joefasone

I was in a similiar position myself not too long ago. I was moving to the area from out of state and began my search in Fairfield as it is a beautiful town with a good reputation. As I searched and educated myself on the area, I found Milford offerred more house for the money, excellent schools and even more beaches.

I live in the Bayview Beach area of Milford and I love the community. As Donna points out, the Rivercliff area offers some nice choices along the river if you want water view but not LI Sound view. The Laurel Beach area which is on the LI shoreline from Devon is also an excellent choice with some nice views of the sound.

There are many choices and I would love the opportunity to show you around. Visit my website for pictures, school, news and information on the town and let me know if I can be of any further service to you.

Tim
Hi ,

I agree Milford offers great value and is similar in Fairfield in respect to having its own train station, a great downtown, easy commute to major highways and of course being a coast line town.

Rivercliff is a very up and comming area in Milford and located right over the Stratford Bridge. It has many affordable homes which is why its so popular with buyers. In addtion you can walk along the Housatonic and has a very "neighborhood" feel.

I have lived in Milford over 20 years, so if you would like to learn more, feel free to contact me @ MailTo:donna.springer@cbmoves.com or visit my website.

I would love to show you all Milford has to offer!