Quality of Life in Henderson>Question Details

Angela, Other/Just Looking in Oregon

We are trying to compare cost of living with our city/state and Henderson. Can someone tell me approximate?

Asked by Angela, Oregon Mon Apr 14, 2008

cost of heating/cooling, electricity, water, property taxes, income and sales tax or where we could find that information. We are looking at houses in the 1200-1700 sq. ft. range with .15-.25 acres.

Answers

3
Hi Angela. You can conduct a search for cost of living calculators. Below is a link to an online calculator that I thought might be helpful to you. Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 14, 2008
Ute Ferdig -…, Real Estate Pro in Newcastle, CA
Provide me with your zip code and I'll be happy to provide you with a direct comparison report of your town and henderson. Contact me here: http://www.stephencarns.com/index.cfm/page/39099/Contact_Inf…
Angela,

In addition to checking out the various moving calculators around the net such as the one mentioned already, keep in mind that Nevada has no state income tax, and while property taxes are relatively low comparative to other major metropolitan areas across the country, they will continue to be low because a cap was placed on how much the tax rate can be raised, so it won't get grossly inflated like what happened to California.

Check out the Relocation Page on my website at http://www.PrimeRealEstateLasVegas.com/relocation.htm to find out contact information and websites for all of the local utilities, as well as information about the Clark County School District and the Nevada DMV.

As far as prices are concerned, it really depends what specific area as well as what specific criteria are also in the size home you mentioned. Homes that size in Henderson will realistically start around $170K and go up from there, with obviously some exceptions. To get into more specifics, please e-mail me anytime at mike@primerealestatelasvegas.com, or call me at 702-370-3521.

Henderson is truly a great place to live, I live in the Green Valley area in Henderson myself so I can help you out with whatever questions you have.

Mike Dobranski, REALTOR®
Prudential Americana Group, REALTORS®