Quality of Life in Columbia>Question Details

Cody, Home Buyer in Sunrise, FL

We are relocating to Fort Jackson in about 3 months. We would like to purchase a home close to the base in a good neighborhood.

Asked by Cody, Sunrise, FL Mon Jan 14, 2013

We want to take a weekend and view homes ASAP. Realtors welcome to respond.
Our must haves are
4 bedrooms
2.5 bathrooms
Large walkin closet in master bedroom
Hardwood floors
Frog
Fenced Yard
Pantry
Tray Ceilings
Energy efficient
Brick exterior
Foyer
We want something updated and move in ready

Answers

32
Kim Livoti’s answer
Congratulations to Cody and his family closing on their new home today! I am so happy to have helped you and thank you for using our company. This is why I love Real Estate and live my job!

Sincerely?

Kim Livoti
ColumbiaLand Realty
803-318-9549
Columbia is such a wonderful city to be relocating to !! Look forward to showing you the area and helping you get acclaimated to our town !!
There are a number of available homes in the area that meet your "must have" list. The only way to narrow them down would be to know your price range.
Lastly,
just let me know the weend you plan to come and I'd be glad to clear it to be able to spend the full time with you showing you the homes.

Jackie
jackiedg@aol.com
803-260-6555
I know of a lovely tri-level home off the in a very desirable neighborhood. It may not have all you want but the price is a deal and a few minutes to Fort Jackson, I-77, 378 and a couple miles from The Sumter Highway where every shopping, and restaurants amenities that you would need are at your fingertips. I am a SC Licensed Realtor and the house was my cousins in-laws who are deceased and they are anxious to sell and is priced below the market value. it would be a great place until you could get to know the Greater Columbia, as well as a good investment.

If you are not familiar with the Greater Columbia Area, it may be a great deal to give you time to learn the area that you want to live, the housing availability and pricing. But, if you know the price range and area, I would be happy to check out to see if there are any good deals around. It all depends on the area.

Best Wishes,

Scmoonbeam
Cody, Congratulations on your assignment to Ft Jackson and Columbia. We are centrally located and only a couple of hours to the beach, mountains and Charolette NC.

As a retired military member, I am very familiar with the anxiety and anticipation of moving and try to make the process as smooth as it can be. I would be happy to assist you and your family in finding the right home here in the Midlands as well as explain to you how you can money back at closing through our REMAP program.

Call or email me using the information below and we can start the process by sending you links to the types of home you are interested in.

All the best and look forward to hearing from you.

Mike Wyka
Real Estate Professional
Russell & Jeffcoat Real Estate, Inc
(803) 261-6414
mwyka@russellandjeffcoat.com
Hi Cody,
Why wait until you get here to view homes that have your must haves ?? I can email you a number homes now for you to look at. and make a decision about. So we'd know the ones you'd actually like to see when you get here. Just call or email me and we can get started now !!

Jackie Griffin
803-260-655jackiedg@aol.com
call Desmond Meade at 319-2703 he sell homes and is retired military. tell him brenda referred u. welcome to south carolina
Cody, have you found a home yet? Also , are you a member of USAA? You may contact me at 803 608-2894.

Renee Pruitt, Realtor and USAA Agent
Coldwell Banker United
we have a brand new house in 731 dial creek 29045
ready to be finished to your choice for paint color, appliance, and floor stain
call 803-600-2909 for personal tour of this house
I have a wonderful property with a pool on a golf course. The original owners have kept an extensive list of all repairs and upgrades made since they have lived in the home for over 20 years. It is like a new home with many upgrades like new windows, carpet, refinished hardwoods, appliances, fixtures, heavy molding and high ceilings, central vac, gas line on patio for grill, fenced yard, underground fence and parking pad for motorcycle or camper and much more. Over sized two car garage with work area and great entertaining house. Wrap around porch with a swing on a dead end street with no HOA! It is almost 3000 sq.ft and located in award winning Richland 2 schools and zoned for Spring Valley HS. Walk to restaurants, school, and shopping, probably less than half a mile away. Interstate I-20 and Fort Jackson are only minutes away. Golf club has pool, tennis, and golf. Call me if you want to see this or others in this neighborhood.

Kim Livoti Realtor
ColumbiaLand Realty
803-318-9549
kim.livoti@gmail.com
As a retired Air Force E-8 I understand the importance of your house hunting trip. Just let me know the day and time you need me and I will devote my time to you and your family. In the meantime you can start your search at http://www.Keith4Homes.com

My name is Kim Livoti and I am a Realtor with ColumbiaLand Realty. The market is really a buyer's market right now and the inventory is high so you are like lt to find just what you want and at a great price. Columbia has many desirable areas to live and I would love to help you find your next home. I costs you nothing as a buyer to use me as your agent and all agent fees are paid by the seller. You will have some fees with closing costs but those are negotiable and I can tell you what those are if you use me as your agent.
I would recommend searching the neighborhood crime on RCSD.net and the schools are Richland2.org, Richlandone.org, Lexington1.net , and Lex2.org for local school scores and ratings. This is best researched by the buyer and agents are not allowed to discuss these topics in opinionated detail.

Kim Livoti, Realtor
ColumbiaLand Realty
cell(803)318-9549
kim.livoti@gmail.com
Kim, as a SC Licensed Realtor and co-owner of a small company, I have not found our prices in Columbia, to be a Buyers Market unless you are in the Million Dollar Price Range. My home in NE Columbia, was reappraised last year and it appraised $30,000 more than we paid (full price) 7 years ago? I have not found many bargains on the luxury home the buyer has described. And all of the new and nice homes with all the amenities her needs, are at a premium. The only good deals would be a "fixer-upper" and that apparently is not what he wants. The older homes in Columbia, under $150,00 are better buys but a newer updated home as large with all he needs, will still be a Premium Price. Unless, you know of a distress sale? But anything from $200,000 up are holding their value. I just wanted to point out that we are disappointed the Columbia market has not decreased as many others around us. But in order to be close to Ft Jackson, he would need to be in NE Columbia and this is where I live.
Flag Mon Apr 1, 2013
Cody,

I see you have received several responses to your inquiry. If you have not chosen an agent, let me say, I believeI have the perfect home for you, close to Fort Jackson and in your price range. It would be my pleasure to assist a soldier and family. Thank you for your service to our country. It would be my pleasure to be your agent.

Fenella McFadden
Russell & Jeffcoat Real Estate
803-476-6627
Hi Cody,
There are plenty of great homes near Fort Jackson that meet your criteria! As a retired E8 with 2 sons in the military, I understand the needs of the military fanily. You can start your search for your new home by visiting my website, http://www.Keith4Homes.com

Let me know when you want to come and go house hunting and I will give you and your family my undivided attention to make it an enjoyable and profitable experience!

Keith Williams
EXIT Real Estate Solutions
803-603-1775
kvw4homes@gmail.com
Hello Cody,
Great hearing you are being relocated to Fort Jackson. Our office is located right outside of Gate 8 and we concentrate on assisting relocating military & families.

I am totally available the first weekend in February and would love to work with you on your search. There are a number of homes available within 15/20 minutes of Fort Jackson that would fall under your $170K price point and meet your needs list. The desired monthly mortgage of $700.00, however might suggest looking at homes at a lower price range.
The one question or request I have is: your direct email address ? My feeling is why wait until you get here to begin your search? I can actually begin sending you homes to view immediately, so many homes will be eliminated and selected - makes the process move much more smoothly ...........
I can be contacted by phone @ 803-260-6555 or email - jackiedg@aol.com .
Again welcome..................Columbia is a great city and wonderful environment for raising your son.

Jackie Griffin
Carson & Associates Realtors
Good morning Cody and we welcome you to SC and thank you for your service to our country. There are many homes that are currently available that meets your ceriteria as well as within 20 minutes to the base. I have several specific questions to ask you that would help me better help you. The 1st question would be are you a USAA member? My email address is Rpruitt@cbunited.com and my number 803 608-2894.

Also, when are you planning to be in town?

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Renee Pruitt
Coldwell Banker United
Hello Cody,

I have 15 years experience selling homes to military families, and I've had 30 years experience being married to a military man (Ret. CSM). I would love to assist you and your family in purchasing a home
in the Columbia SC area. We are the owners of our company, so please feel free to contact me
at my email which is shirleymcdaniel@mcdanielsc.com or call at (803)781-4663 OFFICE OR
my CELL (803)600-4341. I will be available at your convenience. Also, if you would need to possiblly
rent a home before purchasing, I could be of assistance there, also.

Shirley McDaniel
Sales Associate/Property Manager/VP
McDaniel & McDaniel Realty Co.
6040 Wescott Road
Columbia, S. C. 29212
Thanks for all the help everyone. I forgot to mention we dont want to spend over 170K. We want our monthly payment to be around 700 per month or less. I want to avoid HOA's if possible. We also would like a family friendly neighborhood we have a 4 year old son. We want to try to visit Columbia maybe the first or second week of February. We want to take a weekend to view homes. So we need someone who would be able to accomodate us.
Cody, I believe that coming to check out the Greater Columbia Area and compare neighborhood and home pricing is an excellent. . I know of a very nice neighborhood with elementary and middle schools in walking distance and very close to the Fort. We just moved from their 7 yrs ago and it is only two miles. It is close the all Interstates and shopping, dinning and anything you need. The homes may not have a couple of upgrades you want but the prices are under $150,000 . My husband is a SC License Realtor and retired in Columbia. He would move because of the fort. If you are interested, I will be happy to provide more information. We have plenty of real estate for sale but I am not sure how much of a bargain they are. But, II feel you can find what you need. Best Wishes and I am sure you will love Ft. Jackson as everyone who served there, seems to have retired here. :)

scmoonbeam
Flag Mon Apr 1, 2013
Hi Cody, there are a number of things that will need to be done prior to your house hunting trip, starting with loan preapproval and selecting your real estate agent. Once those things are done you can start a more effective search and enjoy the client level services that your chosen agent can provide you. You've got a lot of great agents to choose from with great profiles and recommendations. Once you've made your agent selection and have your loan preapproval, then you will be off and running with the home search. If I can assist in any way, just use the contact links provided here, or call me at 803-240-1167.
Flag Tue Jan 15, 2013
I can accommodate! I understand what you mean by family friendly as I have a 4 year old son as well! I can start sending you listings, and we can set up a game plan for when you visit. Message me your contact and I will get started.

Thank you
Mike Taylor
803-397-4222
mtaylor0527@yahoo.com
Flag Tue Jan 15, 2013
Hello Cody,

I would like to welcome you and your family to Columbia. As a Financial Advisor and a Real Estate Broker with experience in lending and banking, I can assist you in every phase of your home purchase from finding your home to getting the optimal financing. Please call me at 803-429-9305 so that I may ask you additional questions to help you with your home selection and relocation!

Tom Osman
Broker in Charge
Cornerstone Realty & Investments
Good Evening Cody, As retired mititary, I understand the need to get the family settled as soon as possible so that they can feel comfortable with their new surroundings and you feel good about moving them once again.

Columbia has a mumber of great locations near Ft Jackson. Many transferees enjoy NE Columbia or the Kershaw County area with drives of less than 20 minutes to the front gate. Depending upon your price range, there are a variety of homes that can meet your needs.

It would be my pleasure to assist you in finding the right home for you and your family. Feel free to contact me at either the email address or phone number below and I will be happy to set you up with easy access to MLS listings as a first look and help you find the home that best fits your needs. Also, can explain to you our Real Estate Military Assistance Program (REMAP), that can money back in your pocket after closing.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Mike Wyka
Real Estate Professional
Russell and Jeffcoat Real Estate, Inc
(803) 261-6414
mwyka@russellandjeffcoat.com
Hi Cody,
I'm a bit late on the response and you have several great agents that have replied with great information on helping your family find a home, So, once you get moved and settled, shoot me an email to Belinda@ExitRES.com and I can tell you where to find a great Chicken & Waffle meal with Sweet Sweet Tea right here in Columbia. Welcome to South Carolina!!!

Belinda Forrest
Exit Real Estate Solutions
803-215-8029
http://www.BelindaMovesYou.com
Hi Cody,
I'm Eric Moore with Exit Realty. Let me help find that perfect home close to Fort Jackson.
Call or visit me on the web ASAP at http://www.eric.searchingcolumbia.com for fast results.
I look forward in working with you and your family.

Regards

Eric Moore
Exit Real Estate Solutions
803-316-7187
emoorehomes@gmail.com
Hi Cody,
We are just minutes from the base and have many homes to choose from!! View this link

http://www.peachtreecommunities.com/kingston-ridge.php
or visit peachtreecommunities.com. Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions.

Chris Clow
Peachtree Communities
Hey Cody! My name is Mike Taylor, Realtor with EXIT Real Estate. I would be happy to help you find a home in the surrounding area of Ft Jackson. I am thinking of a couple of homes that may work from your criteria you mentioned. I can email you these homes straight over to you, that way you can start looking, but i would need an email address. Please contact me and I will get the ball rolling! My email is mtaylor0527@yahoo.com.

Mike Taylor, Realtor®
ABR®- Accredited Buyer's Representative
SFR® - Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource
EXIT Real Estate Solutions
· 803-397-4222 (Cell)
· 803-834-7444 (Office)
· 803-834-7446 (Fax)
Check out a customizable MLS search and a Free Market Analysis at http://www.miketaylorhomes.com.
See our relocation video here.
Cody,

I am former military and understand the necessity of moving quickly and with purpose. Please give me a call so we can discuss your needs so when you do come to town no time will be wasted.

Gloria Johnson
(803) 479-4537
gjohnson555@gmail.com
Hi Cody, I have worked with relocating military families for over 8 years and am a retired military spouse. I'm very familiar with Fort Jackson, VA financing, local builders offering great options for energy efficiency, and even a successful builder who himself is retired Army. If I can be of any assistance, just call or email.

Thanks much,
Becki Ashby
Cody:
My name is Kathy Dowdy, a local Realtor In the Columbia area. I would be happy to assist you with your relocation to the surrounding Ft.Jackson area. Please feel free to contact me directly at any time at (803) 454-5496 or email me directly at KL_Dowdy@live.com.

Kathy Dowdy
Brand Name Real Estate
Hey Cody,

I would love to help you out BUT, I'm going to recommend that you speak with Howard Rose. He responded here also. He's great with military PCS families. Good luck and welcome to Fort Jackson!

Spencer Combs

http://spencer.greatercolumbiaareahomes.com/community/area/N…
Cody,

Here's a quick link to a list of homes that will fit exactly what you are looking for.

http://search.searchcolumbiaschomesforsale.com/index.cfm?act…
Hello Cody,
Relocating is a lot of work! I would love to help take some of the hassle out of it and guide you through the process. I can send you a list of every home that meets your criteria and from there you can decide on which homes you would like to see. E-mail or call me anytime! Thank you for your service and I look forward to working with you!
Very Respectfully,
Brandy Bradley
Citadel '08
803.669.1011
brandybradley1@yahoo.com
Hi Cody,
Your price range is very important. There are a few builders in town right now that are offering energy efficient features. One that I know of is Essex Homes. Their neighborhood, Kelsney Ridge has large .4 acre lots, granite counters, hardwoods, tankless water heaters, tile backsplash, pantry, brick, large closets and more. Agreed that there are a large number of homes in the area that are available. Now is definitely the time to look as the market is just starting to heat up with the turn of the calendar to 2013. I would be happy to send you specifics on this neighborhood and other homes throughout the area that might be of interest.

Regards

Andy Brumbaugh
ERA Wilder Realty
803 360 2926
andy@housesincolumbia.com
Cody,

It would be my pleasure to assist you from one Soldier to another. Please feel free to call me 8037677219 or email me directly at hrose@kw.com.

Howard Rose III Realtor (Army Retired)
Hi Cody,

There are many homes available that meet your criteria but I need to know your price range. Let me know what you're comfortable with and I can email listings to you tomorrow morning. I have lived in the Columbia over 30+ years and know it well.

Send me your info asap so we can get started! The real estate market here is hot!

Kris,
Kris Deaton, Realtor
Exit Real Estate Solutions
kdeaton1@sc.rr.com
803-518-0109
kris.searchingcolumbia.com