Quality of Life in Atlanta>Question Details

Canuks, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

We are relocating from Canada to Alpharetta. Looking for safe neighbourhoods close to elementary schools where kids can play and I can run

Asked by Canuks, Atlanta, GA Mon Oct 25, 2010

Answers

20
Thanks Aaron,

I will take that as a compliment - after all - more information is better than not enough, right? Too bad there is a 5000 character limit on Trulia! Seriously, it is good to answer the question thuroughly and then try and distinguish your services - that is if you in fact have any distinguishing services to distinguish.

Too often, and understandably so, the average consumer sees agent/realtors as commodities (meaning they are "all the same" or totally interchangeable) and to a degree that is true, but I am sure you will also agree as an outstanding contributor on Trulia, there are indeed some exceptional agents out there too.

Consumer often select an agent on useless or invalid crtiteria such as "they are the most well known" , "the first to call me back" or the biggie - don't get me started - "I am number one and I sold the most homes last year"!

I don't beleive I have ever sold over about 20 homes in a single year but I have consistantly blown really high volume agents (50 -300 homes a year) performance to clients away for years. Let's use a food analogy - volume agents "churn em out" - they are the McDonalds of the world, I prefer to be the TEDs Montana Grill of the world - slow grilled, prime...speaking of that it is about lunch time and I could go for a nice rich and lean Buffalo Burger.

All kidding aside, we Brokers really do love all you "quality conscious" top producers because you help pay the bills!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 28, 2010
Hi Canuks,

It's been a few weeks since you posted about your upcoming relocation and I wanted to see if the information I and other agents posted below has been helpful? I think by now you have probably been able to determine that here are indeed many safe neighborhoods in Alpharetta. For whatever reason you have fortunately picked an area with some of the lowest crime rates and best schools and quality of life amenities in Georgia!

To assist in your selection of a real estate professional, I submit my Extra Qualifications and Service Advantages for your consideration:

* In addition to being an experienced Broker/Owner, I am also an experienced ICC Certified Building Inspector and new home construction expert.
* I provide direct broker representation, experienced counsel, and personal assistanct to select clients - my clients have complete access to me at all times - they are never handed down to assistants, agents, and newby buyer agents.
* I offer 30 years of experience and insight about metro Atlanta communites, neighborhhoods, and builder/developers
* I provide complementary pre-purchase evaluations of the structure, major systems, and overall conditions of every property you like - BEFORE we submit an offer.
* I will NOT recommend any home until I have first performed full physical evaluations and full financial and market due-diligence.
* I will counsel you on special contract stipulations to protect your interests
* I hold your earnest money in my firms escrow account to protect you during all offers.
* I WILL advise you to pass on any home that has serious defects or issues that prevent it from being a sound investment with good prospects for a future sale.
* I can provide you video of any home or neighborhood to preview before your arrival.
* I am proud to say I have never allowed a transaction for my client to fall apart - extremely rare in our business.
* I have experienced and successfully handled virtually everything that can happen in a real estate transaction, however, as a backup resource for the most complex situations and extremely unusual cases, my corporate attorney is the largest and most experienced real estate law firm in Georgia.

These unmatched extra services exceed what is required of or expected from a real estate professional and can save you a lot of money and headaches during the home search process, assure you don’t offer too much for a home, and more importantly, assure you make a sound investment by helping you avoid homes with serious defects and problems that can become a costly financial drain on you as the new owner! These are just some of the many important advantages my buyer clients receive as part of the Wise Buyer Program!

I would like to again extend an offer to provide you with unmatched services and representation to help you find the perfect neighborhood and home.

Robert Whitfield
Broker/Owner - Realtor
Professional Buyers Broker
Relocation Expert
New Home Construction Expert
ICC Code Certified Building Inspection Expert
Advantage Realtors
678-585-9691
877-787-7167
“Know if the property is a Real Find or a Real Financial Risk - Before you submit your offer!
Alpharetta is a great choice. If your price range is around $210k, check out 4235 Pine Vista Blvd. Great schools and close to Ocee Park. Or check out 3283 Long Indian Creek for $150k very close to GA 400. There are many more like this in all price ranges. How can I serve you?

Mark Lackey
Atlanta Housing Source at
Solid Source Realty, Inc.
Associate Broker
EcoBroker
Mark@AtlantaHousingSource.com
404-886-8789

Services
Home Buyers & Sellers - http://www.AtlantaHousingSource.com
Property Management – http://www.SolidSourcePM.com
Hi - And welcome to Lovely Atlanta:

Thank you for visiting Trulia and posting your question.

I did a little research to answer your question and here is what I found. Alpharetta has a little less than 50,000 people. The Income is About $79,000 - almost twice the state average. There were no murders there in 2006,2007, or 2008 and no stats shown for last year or this year so far. The overall crime rate is about 1/4 or less of the state average for populated areas of equivalent sizes. So I think you and your family will feel very safe in Alpharetta Georgia.

Coming from Canada, I thought you may like to be near the Alpharetta Family Skate Center for ice skating and entertainment. It is located at 10800 Davis Drive. The telephone number is 770-649-6608. It is near Westside Parkway, right off of Georgia 400 exit Manswell Road. There is a Sams' club nearby for shopping and Microsoft is nearby for employment or picking up some great software. There are lots of properties in that area in different price ranges. Most are condos. I do recommend when you move into a new community from another country - that perhaps a multi-family community may be easier to get acquainted with friends for the children and making great connections for the adults.

There is a lovely Condo near there, and I would love to show it to you! It is in the Awesome Milton High School District. This school rates very highly with Gold awards. Alpharetta's Milton High School - grades 9-12 - Fulton County - is among the few public high schools in Georgia to receive a distinguished GreatSchools Rating of 10 out of 10.

I can be reached at 404-843-2500 to take you out to this community and help you get acquainted with the city and neighborhood. This Condo is goregous, with a stunning kitchen, fireplace and really nice upgrades for comfort and upscale entertainment.

You will find plenty of places to run and stay fit in this beautiful community. I look forward to being of Service to you and your family. No matter where you are, always practice good safety precautions anyway.

Brandi Callum
Better Homes & Gardens Metro Brokers
Web Reference: http://www.brandicallum.com
WOW! A book is just been written. So much info.
There are many Alpharetta neighborhoods that can fill the bill for your family on both the west side and east side of highway 400. Just so you know, Alpharetta, along with nearby Roswell and East Cobb, has some of the most stable property values in metro Atlanta, and have even trended up a few percent over the last few years. Nearby Crabapple, Milton, and Johns Creek are not bad investments either if you know how to interpret all the required metrics. Many other metro Atlanta areas have nice homes but have taken a hard hit value wise in the last 2-3 years - their property value trend line would look like a ski slope after July 2007!

Alpharetta and the Northside of Atlanta offer the best of all worlds to meet and exceed your criteria. The neighborhoods are wonderful, the lifestyle amenities are varied and plentiful, and the schools are the best – it’s easy to find all feeder schools being rated very good in these areas – rather than a good elementary feeding a not so great middle school which is so often the case in other areas.

To allow you the most choices, I am not going suggest particular neighborhoods because I would need considerably more info to target highly relevant neighborhoods and properties for your family. My goal is the help you and your family get into the best neighborhood for you – not just those I like.

The best way to convey your requirements is to visit my special home buyer’s site, perhaps with your spouse, and fill in the convenient web form http://www.thehomebuyersrep.com/dream_home.htm , which will prompt you for your most important preferences, lifestyle and family needs. Once I receive this information, I would be happy to follow up with a no obligation consultation to discuss your needs and provide some suggestions to make your relocation go as smooth as possible.

For some information and representative neighborhoods with actual homes for sale in these areas in various price ranges, see the convenient links at http://www.atlanta-real-estate-online.net – you will find links for Alpharetta, Roswell and all surrounding areas. If we ultimately decide to work together, I can give you a lot more insight to help you distinguish the pluses and minuses of these areas and where the ideal opportunities are.

I would love to represent and assist you and your family by providing the required information and data to make your relocation smooth, your decision easy, and help assure you purchase a great home that is also a sound investment.

What kind of unique services, value added benefits, and protections do I offer that exceed what is required of, expected of, or even available from other realtors? The Wise Buyer Programâ„¢.

What is the Wise Buyer Programâ„¢? Unmatched representation and the maximum amount of property information available! I provide every client over $5000 worth of free home structural evaluations and analysis of the major systems, full market data, and top level Representation by a Broker/Owner rather than an agent. With this unique program, you are more informed than other buyers in the market because you know what you are buying - Before you ever submit your offer! Purchase decisions and which home to buy, and what price to offer become very clear and easy once you have enough information. Providing more information has always been the hallmark of my service. This unique and comprehensive approach of analyzing residential real estate purchases from multiple perspectives has many significant advantages over all ordinary home acquisition approaches - for more information, see the site below.

This is an ideal time to buy, the key is making the right choices - starting with a highly capable Buyers Broker who will shoot straight and give you the pluses (and the minuses) about any home or neighborhood – including advice about those homes you DO NOT want to buy and or builders you want to avoid - in other words a Broker you can trust. While it is very rare, if not unheard of, for a realtor to tell a buyer NOT to buy a home – I do it routinely when circumstances warrant that call.

In addition to setting you up on your own automated Online Home Finding Gateway, I can send you video of those neighborhoods you find interesting and that I recommend once I know your wants and needs criteria.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have further questions or if I can help you in any way.

Robert Whitfield
Broker/Owner - Realtor
Professional Buyers Broker
Relocation Expert
New Home Construction Expert
Advantage Realtors
678-585-9691
877-787-7167
“Know if the property is a Real Find or a Real Financial Risk - Before you submit your offer!”
Great choice! Alpharetta is known for it's great schools and neighborhoods. Just FYI, some areas of what we still refer to as Alpharetta are now parts of two new cities: Milton and Johns Creek. You may want to expand your search by including them as well.

Are you looking to buy or to rent for now? i will be happy to assist you with either! Looking forward to learn more about your needs.
Hello, and welcome to the Southeastern United States. Georgia is a great state to be in as is Alpharetta. It wasn't all that long ago when Alpharetta was pretty much the far out suburbs, but now is a bustling area.There is so much to see and do here. I am going to give you website to look at in regards to schools. Look at the website and then make appointments with the school administraitor so you can talk to the Principal and get a feel for the school. Here is the website. http://www.greatschools.org/georgia/alpharetta. I am also going to give you another link so you can set up your own listingbook account. Jeffclaeson.listingbook.com. You can set up a personalized home search and if at anytime you need to add or delete criteria you can. Its easy, simple and fun.

I look forward to hearing from you and if there is anything I can do to help you please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Jeff Claeson
404-843-2500
jeff.claeson@metrobrokers.com
WOW! Lots of answers. Can't put mine anywhere.
Visit our website at http://www.duffyrealtyofatlanta.com and you can search for homes easily as well as learn about our unique buyer program which is changing the industry in Atlanta. Feel free to call if you have any questions about Alpharetta or any other areas of Atlanta.
Caroline Gamma-Duffy Realty 404-668-9167
Alpharetta has some of the nicest homes, neighborhoods and schools. You can home search the MLS on my website http://www.AtlantaHousingSource.com and I can provide you with a newcomers packet if you email me your contact information at Mark@AtlantaHousingSource.com..

Mark Lackey
Atlanta Housing Source at
Solid Source Realty, Inc.
Associate Broker
EcoBroker
Mark@AtlantaHousingSource.com
404-886-8789

Services
Alpharetta is a beautiful location with great homes available at GREAT PRICES!!! I am the Office Manager and REALTOR at Barbara J. Alexander Realty, a Brokerage that has been in the Business of Home Buying, Selling and Renting for OVER 30 YEARS!!!! We utilize todays technology to find the best home for you and your family and strive to make this the easiest most memorable process and experience you will ever have..

Brandon Alexander
Office Manager, REALTOR
Barbara J. Alexander Realty Co., Inc.
2125 Headland Drive
East Point, GA 30344
404-761-1222 office
404-626-8567 cell
www,bjarealty.com
Web Reference: http://www.bjarealty.com
Top schools in Alpharetta
http://www.greatschools.org/georgia/alpharetta

I have been in the Alpharetta area all my life. I know I can assist you in finding the best home for you and your family. A great running neighborhood is Windward. I will be happy to help you in any way I can. Please read about me and contact me from my website. Welcome to the friendly south. Anne :)

We think that is great that your moving to Alpharetta!!

You will find that we are different than any other real estate company out there. Here at Your Home Team Realty Group, we will provide you an Attorney, Structural Engineer, Property Survey, Realtor and much more at NO cost ! Please visit our website http://www.yourhometeamadvisors.com . We offer the home buyer more security in your real estate transaction!

I know the Alpharetta area very well and have lived there for most of my life!

Please fell free to call me anytime with any questions!

Amy Walker
Your Home Team Realty Group
Your Home Team Advisors
404-819-8016
Also, I have recently assisted two buyers moving to the US - and could possibly help with crucial information on non-US citizens and buying in Atlanta.

Regards

Ron Dickerson
PalmerHouse Properties.com

Rondickerson@yahoo.com
Hello Fellow Canuks!

I moved to Alpharetta from Canada (Kitchener area) 11 years ago, I am very familiar with the process. I reside in Cumming, which is very close to Alpharetta and would love to help you find your next home. You can sure get a lot of house for your money here in GA compared to back home, you will see.

Karen Phillip
Exit Realty
404-422-5026
Web Reference: http://www.karenphillip.com
Hi There,

Welcome to Georgia :). Here is a link to the Alpharetta website that will tell you all about the schools in the area.

http://www.alpharetta.ga.us/index.php?p=23

Alpharetta is a great area to live. If you want to check out all the info on the community and the schools check out my web site http://www.KateSellsNorthGa.com it will let you see a side by side comparison of all the schools.
Good luck on your new endeavor please let me know if I can help you in any way.

Kate Vaughn
Alpharetta is a beautiful part of metro Atlanta. There are several great neighborhoods in all price ranges, with swim, tennis and other amenities. If you would like for me to send you electronic flyers of available properties, please forward me your email address and I will get them over ASAP. Good Luck!

Michael Hammond
SellsRealty@gmail.com
404-538-5499

http://www.SellsRealty.org
Let me know if you need any help with Financing. I am with a local Lender here in the Atlanta area. Since we
are a local lender we can have you closed in 8 days!
Great for you.. You'll love the weather better than Canada for sure. You'll also love Alpharetta. There are some great neighborhoods and excellent schools for you to consider. Depending upon your budget, you should have no problem accomplishing your goals. So.... how may we assist you?

David Brower, Realtor
Crye-Leike Realtors
678-982-9600
david@davidwbrower.com