Darin J. Dug…, Real Estate Pro in Saint Petersburg, FL

We are looking for creative ideas to attract out of state buyers to St. Petersburg Florida, any ideas share?

Asked by Darin J. Dugenske, Saint Petersburg, FL Tue Jul 10, 2007

We support bith St. Petersburg and Tampa Florida and would appreciate any ideas that others have seen work. Or if you know of anyone looking to relocate please let us know.

Answers

6
We have been very successful connecting with out of state buyers and others by creating a blog - a place on the web where you can write about the area including detailed information about neighborhoods, things to do, definitely info about our schools and how "School Choice" in Pinellas County is different from other parts of the country. We find people moving here are very interested in our "lifestyle" - our beaches, all our parks, dog parks and more. The more pictures and video the more they get a real feel for the area.
Finally I would say be yourself - they want to meet the same person "in person" that they got comfortble with online. Also - you may want to consider including information buyers would need regarding mortgages and relocation. I hope that helps - good luck!
Hi Darin, nice to see you on here also. I am just getting the word out about our amazing piece of paradise we have here in St. Pete Florida! So keep posting and I am sure more and more people will get to know what an awesome place this is to live, especially with the great prices right now! I am seeing condos for sale for $75,000 ! Waterfront homes for in the $300's again! Do you offer the FHA loans where the buyers dont have to have great credit scores and only have to put 3% down with the sellers paying 6% closing cost? I know a lot of people getting approved for these loans right now. Anyway if you have anyone looking to buy or sell a home here you know to send them my way! Stay in touch.... keep up the good work posting!
i AM a out of state buyer and can't find what I am looking for in our price range.
We are looking for real estate in Pass-a-Grille and are working with Nona Peebles from Remax/ Metro in St. Pete. She is WONDERFUL and working VERY hard for us.

The problem with attracting out of town buyers is that your sellers with current listings have not adjusted their prices to the market conditions and are completely ignorant of the fact that there are not many qualitifed buyers our there willing to buy something in cash and settle in 30 days.

The best way to get out of town buyers is word of mouth. Friends head south together! We literally have two friends that will be buying in Pass-a-Grille as soon as we find a home. Out-of-town buyers NEED cooperative, realistic sellers. Otherwise, they get upset and look elsewhere. We are trying to buy in Pass-a-Grille because we want to relax in Florida not get beat up like we are in a harlem back alley. Up to this point, we've only run into sellers that have more attitude than a NY taxi driver.

If you want sales from out-of-town buyers, find realistic sellers in pass-a-grille or waterfront vina del mar and forward the information to my realtor nona.peebles@verizon.net . I am REALLY ready to see some NEW listings from people that actually WANT to sell their house or condo in pass-a-grille. - SRS
Hello, Darin:
I'm a little confused by the question--are you trying to attract buyers to the area, or to your services in the area? Either way, a feature of what the area has to offer is key--what do YOU like about the area? :-)
My favorite things include:
the beaches
the Pinellas trail,
any of the waterfront establishments,
places I can take my kid,
places i can take my dog.
...all of which I've blogged about ! (below)
I would start with your landmarks. How good are your beaches? Any significant resorts or resting places? People still are coming to Florida on vacations. I would be attracted by tour Salvador Dali museum -- very unique and attractive place for various people and ages. It is just a couple marketing ideas from top of my head.