Quality of Life in Fremont>Question Details

Brad, Home Buyer in Fremont, CA

Warm Springs residents... please tell me about living near the train.

Asked by Brad, Fremont, CA Tue Sep 15, 2009

How loud is it? When and how often do they come? Do they come in the middle of the night? Once the whistle is gone because of grade separation, how much will that help? I'm specifically talking about the Union Pacific line that runs parallel to Warm Springs Blvd between Dixon Landing and Warren.

Answers

2
Brad,

I think the older established areas like Walnut Knolls, Starlite Hills, etc., are less affected by the train noise than say the new KB and Robson developments because they are literally 30-200 yards away from the tracks. I help manage a little league team here in Warm Springs and have children in the local schools and I can tell you we vaguely here the train horn in the mornings and afternoons, but that's about it. Also as a Realtor and home owner in the area the train, freeway, and busy intersection affect resale value so this is something to be mindful of. The good news is there are several homes in the area that are in good locations so you don't have to worry about selection being a problem.

Bobby Nijjar
nijjarrealty@gmail.com
510-552-3595
Web Reference: http://www.nijjarteam.com
I know you'll hate this, but it depends. I live near Gable Drive and Warm Springs Blvd. It never bothered me, but you do know it is there. If you live in the new developments at Scott Creek an WSB, it might come by your window! So that would be a different story and might disturb sleep and resale value.

Also be aware that they are starting to improve major intersections whereby the road will go over or under the train, thereby reducing the need for horns.

As the realtors would say "do your research"
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 19, 2009