Quality of Life in Chicago>Question Details

David Fixedi…, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

This question is for Real Estate agents throught the US.

Asked by David Fixedincome, Chicago, IL Wed Oct 29, 2008

I am retired and live on a fixed income of 30K per year. Where is the BEST place for me to live? I can either rent or own. My downpayment would be around 25-40K your thoughts! Chicago winters are too harsh and I need to relocate somewhere temperate. Thanks.

Answers

4
Dave DeVos’ answer
Dave, Been here 35 years from St Louis. Retirement capitol of Tennessee. Great four season weather, low taxes, friendly folks. Your money will go farther here. Come looksee.

Email me Dave@c21fountain.com and I'll send you a bunch of websites to the area.

Good time to look. Prices and interest rates are down; good inventory available in your price range.
Hi David - I live in Charleston, SC and love it here. Moved down from Virginia to North Carolina and now South Carolina. We have great weather...a little chilly in the winter but no snow which is great. If you would like my free relocation package, just let me know and I will send it your way. You can go to my website and click for it. Thanks, Randall Sandin, 843-209-9667
Join the migration to florida, its that time of year again. This time though properties are 1/2 price...
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
David,

I honestly can't tell you where to live. Are you thinking of moving out of State?

There are so many good deals out there and maybe you can find a nice condo for yourself. Florida, right now, is probably the hardest hit State, when it comes to a low price range market. I would suggest that you get approved for a loan, then do some research on where you might want to live. If you're a veteran, then a VA loan might work best. That way you can keep the cash in your pocket, or invest it.

There are many options and opportunities out there.