Quality of Life in 33931>Question Details

Deb Downey, Other/Just Looking in New Jersey

Thinking of relocating to Fort Myers Bch FL from NJ. I am an RN, will be bringing my husband and 3 kids.

Asked by Deb Downey, New Jersey Sun Jan 27, 2008

What can you tell me about the area, schools (kids are now in pre-k, 5th grade, and h.s. junior), quality of life. Will be looking to rent or lease w/option to buy. Will need at least 4 bdrm. Are such housing opportunities available? Cost of living in NJ is sucking the life out of us! And our neighborhood is slowly deteriorating. We are near the coast here, and want to stay close to water. Any helpful information will be greatly appreciated.

Answers

11
Deb,

Congratulations for determining the right location....stay in the Sarasota, Venice, Englewood, Charlotte, Cape Coral, North Fort Myers corridor.

You are generallly close to beautiful beaches, smaller town feel, great family activities, excellent home values, and a general superior quality of life.

Plan your next family vacation around finding out more about this jewel of a location.

The "Eckler team"

Michael Saunders & Company
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
941-408-5363
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 15, 2008
I'm not a realtor, so pick your poison...

But you'll get more bang for the buck in Coral Springs than Ft Myers ... that said, I know zip, zero, less than zero about the school systems.

Good luck.!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 28, 2008
I have the perfect house for you 4bdrms ,3.5 baths , 3 car garage and a brand new state of the art pool. 1 mile from hospital and huge medical center great school district close to beach. Call me I have lots of pictures. Linda 813-447-0853
Deb: As a resident of Fort Myers Beach or Estero island for over 10 years, I can tell you that you picked a good one.. Quality of teaching and level of students grades is strong at the Fort Myers Beach School k-5. For your other child, there are a few excellent schools off the island but not far by school bus such as http://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Fort-Myers-High-School/1… which is rated high. Quality of life is great here for families. Contact Lloyd for latest option to buy in Fort Myers Beach.They are rare but they pop up once in a while. I do underline that they are rare. The yacht Club Area of Cape Coral is another strong option for your preferences. More chances to get a lease with option home with 4 bedrooms.
As for Fort Myers Beach I would suggest to rent or lease with option a few minutes away from the center of the town ( a bit busy), which is located near the Pier and directly on the right as you drive over the Matanza bridge. .
Its a great place to raise your family.

LLOYD NICHOLS
Premier Sandals Swfl Realty
cell: (239) 810-2980
work: (239) 463 5217
skype: lloyd . nichols
Hey Deb,

We are probably one of the largest lease option groups in the area. I have a house that I think would be perfect for you and its actually a steal, which most lease options are not. Feel free to give me a call: 239-246-3004 or shoot me an email: jrmartin.mig@gmail.com and lets get you started moving.

John
Sun Realty
http://www.searchleecounty.com
There are properties out there in both Fort Myers and Cape Coral that you can rent with option to buy, and some of the seller's are also offering seller financing. (I've recently sold two houses that way.)

The schools are good down here. I have a PhD in education and mentored student teachers for the local college; I was very impressed by what the students were learning in the classrooms. Please feel free to call me at any time.

Joanne LaFleur Broker/Associate
Jones & Company Realty
(239) 634-0982
Hi Deb, My family and I also transferred from ( Michigan ) up north. You will love it here. The quality of life here is ranked among the best. The elementary school here on the island is the best ! Parrents and kids really like it and do very well after leaving for one of our schools of choice.
With the market the way it is the buyers/renters do quite well. I have to think the cost of living is favorable to NJ. If you would like some specifics on renting let me know and I will have you speak with our rental dept. Good luck and call me with any questions.
http://www.BillSellsFortMyersBeach.com
239 699-7128
Hi Deb,
I understand where you are coming from. We moved to Cape Coral from Maryland in 2001. Take a look at my website and you can get school information etc. We have what is called school choice. Also you should think of Cape Coral. You could find a 4 bedromm to rent for around 1k a month give or take. Email me or give me a call and I can tell you more about the area.
Nancy 239-209-2237
nancy.doyle1@comcast.net
http://www.nancydrealtor.net
You put you were interested in Fort Myers Beach.....4 beds....you will be spending a lot of money. You can stay near 10-20 mins from beach and find affordability. Weather is tremendous here and you will be shocked at some of our prices now! You will be very pleased. I know as far as rentals on single family homes in South Fort Myers we can get you something for around 1200-1400 a month. Good Luck and let me know if you have any questions.
Fort Myers is a nice area to live. There shouldn't be a problem finding a home to lease. I would like to give you warning with lease to own contracts. Please make sure that there is a clause in the contract protecting you in case of owner default. Many times owners require you to put down a small amount of money to hold your option to buy. If the owner defaults on the loan I have seen people lose out on their deposit. The prices here are definately in your favor to buy!! However if renting is the route you wish to go, there are plenty of homes to rent starting around 700.00 a month. I would recommend a phone consultation with me so i can tell you about the schools, and different neihborhoods in lee county. Here is a link to the city of Fort Myers Florida home page.

Kind Regards,

Josh Painter
RE/MAX REALTY TEAM
239-425-5255
Hello Deb,
I don't know much about Fort Myers but you can start at http://www.MyFlorida.com
We don't have the turnpike here but I-4 is close. lol
I wish you the best with relocating.