Quality of Life in Delaware>Question Details

Kellie Mcswe…, Home Buyer in Delaware, OH

The home at 250 Willey rd has serious septic issues and and water problems. I would be very cautious about buying this property.

Asked by Kellie Mcsweeney, Delaware, OH Fri Nov 16, 2012

This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3089148535-4151-Hyatts-Rd-Del…

luckydog0981’s answer
All items were repaired by licensed contractors when we were notified by the tenant of 18 months, Kellie McSweeney and her family. With the sale of this home we are also paying for a home warranty to put any concerns to rest. In addition to the new $12,000 Everdry basement system and sump pump with water powered backup system, with a transferable warranty (which corrected the basement water intrusion), the septic system was fixed and is going through final testing now to verify the system is in proper working order. We never tried to hide anything, and would be happy to go over all items with the prospective buyer. All items are on the disclosure statement provided by the Realtor. This home was purchased with no history provided. We put over $150,000 dollars in renovations to correct everything and update the home using professional contractors. Most used homes you will find on the market are unable to make that statement. Please feel free to contact the Realtors, Marty or Linda Soller, if you have any questions. We will be happy to go over the facts in person with invoices and receipts. Thank you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 24, 2012
You may have receipts, but not all contractors were not professional contractors. Also you did not mention the huge issue wit the electricity. I was the former tenant and I am still paying on a huge bill that I got stuck with by this owner. I would suggest to anyone that purchases this house to contact the Delaware Health Department and AEP for Facts.
Flag Sun Nov 25, 2012
How do you know this?...................
Because I lived at 250 Willey Rd and we had plan to buy the home. Until we got a electric bill that we are still paying on fro over 3200.00 do to faulty wiring on the sump pump. The basement has water issues along with septic back flow into the sump hole and leach bed back up. When we lived there the house smell like raw sewage. At one point when the owner had had everdry come to fix the drainage in the basement. They re-routed the sump pump out to the other side. But the main line from the house to the septic tank was broken and the sewage was running down the wall into the sump whole. Then pumped straight into the yard. When we moved out the Health Department got involved. There are many hidden things about that home that we were not told about and I am sure they still are not telling. Good Luck
Flag Fri Nov 16, 2012