Quality of Life in 92840>Question Details

Sergio Caliz, Real Estate Pro in Laguna Hills, CA

The CA water shortage is a real problem.

Asked by Sergio Caliz, Laguna Hills, CA Mon Jun 9, 2014

As California withered through a drought in 1977, Gov. Jerry Brown called for a 25 percent reduction in personal water use statewide and flew to Washington to press the Carter administration for federal aid.

He reduced the spray of his shower head and, in a characteristic moment of stagecraft, replaced a pitcher of water at a news conference with a single cup.

“We have only one glass of water,” Brown said at the time, “which is an indication of our effort here.”

Today Brown is governor again, and California is entering one of the driest winters on record. Two dry years already have depleted many reservoirs. The snowpack is meager, and streams and rivers are running low.

If it remains dry – as long-term forecasts suggest – the drought will test the management abilities of a governor who, with the exception of the Rim fire last year, has largely avoided widespread natural disasters since returning to the Capitol in 2011.

Thank You Cyndy Davis,

Yes, I am new to this part and I am trying to figure it out, it is going to take a couple of tries, but I will
get it,

Sergio Caliz
Hi Sergio,

Perhaps you're new to this forum. If so, I encourage you to read the community guidelines. This content belongs in your blog, not here.

Take care.