Quality of Life in Evans>Question Details

Bud, Home Owner in Venice, FL

Sorry to hear the HOA turned down the soldiers new home to be constructed in the Knob Hill area. That doesn't say much for your community....

Asked by Bud, Venice, FL Tue Jun 28, 2011

I'm concerned as to why Mr. Rick Trump of the Knob Hill HOA denied Sean Gibbons and his family the paperwork to construct a new home in the Knob Hill area? He served our country and took a hit so we could be free. It appears he's not free as the construction company can not build his home. I'm disappointed that something like this could happen and Mr. Rick Trump and the Knob Hill HOA should be ashamed. This situation doesn't say much for your community. Sincerely, Mr. Bud Cunningham - a 64 year old white male who also served my country - and live in a HOA in Florida.

Answers

5
If Sean does not meet and comply to the HOA Deed restrictions then it is their right to refuse Sean, I thank Sean for defending our freedom, and in that statement I also have to point to the fact, it is the freedom of Deed Restricted Communities to uphold their Ideals, which is what Sean was defending! So please don't feel they are rejecting Sean but rather celebrating him in their right of freedom to decide who lives or not lives in their Community. As a Vet myself, I know that some of the freedoms that I was ask to defend were not ones I liked, like the freedom to voice racial statements, that people have the right to be disrespectful in how they talk about our president, the fact that you can say this HOA stinks because they will not allow Sean to build there! But they are all the freedoms we speak of having defended.
Like others mentioned, there are always two sides to every story. I haven't read anything about this, so I don’t know any of the details surrounding what is going on. The media does always have a tendency to sensationalize one side (usually the one who involved the media in the first place) therefore not correctly portraying the true story. Every HOA has its primary obligation to its home owner's as a collective group. In order to maintain property values, HOA’s are in place to make ensure everything conforms. Every HOA does have recorded bylaws which are recorded legal documentations and must be followed. Each HOA has a board of its home owner’s that must vote on changes, so I don’t think it would ever just be one person’s decision. Hopefully, all parties can come to a mutual agreement that works for everyone.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia

Conventional | FHA | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® |
HomePath® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream
Like Tommy I think there is more to this story. We support all of our military personnel in Augusta in all ways.~Terri Thomas~Local Realtor
We are a military friendly community. Fort Gordon, Georgia is just minutes away from Knob Hill. The association did approve this family when the builder(s) addressed the architectural concerns. The lot is very steep. I am surprised anyone with diabilities would choose to build on such a high elevation, but that is not the issue nor my business. The rabid frenzy created by the media is only one side of the story. The family already lives in the neighborhood which is a very friendly community based on the activities I saw going on at the pool on Sunday afternoon. From the well kept homes and manicured lawns, it is apparent that the homeowners and the homeowners association are doing a great job at keeping a community where values will hold. I don't know the family in question nor the association members/officers, but I am sure that all the facts were not told initially.
Bud,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.....I'm sure there are many who agree.

Best regards & a fellow Venetian