Quality of Life in Denver>Question Details

erichter613, Renter in Denver, CO

Soon to be graduate student moving to Denver

Asked by erichter613, Denver, CO Thu Jan 9, 2014

I'm looking for some good neighborhoods that are affordable for a college student and her working boyfriend. Any suggestions for a nice area close enough to downtown with plenty of cool bars/restaurants?

Answers

10
Mayfair...its where they built the new Trader Joes. Cap Hill, Cheesman Park, Highlands, LoHi are all great areas to check out as well!

Dane
I assume you are looking to rent? If so, contact a local Realtor and they would be more than happy to search through the inventory based on your criteria to find exactly what the 2 of you are looking for. Just pick up the phone.
That's a great question that everyone should ask before they move to a new place!

Are you looking to buy or rent?

I have lived in most of the areas throughout Denver and the top three that come to mind that are in close proximity to a lot of awesome bars and restaurants are the Highlands, the Ballpark neighborhood downtown, which is near Coors Field and Uptown!

If you need any help in your search please feel free to contact me. I worked in property management and now I am on the real estate side! Best of luck!

Ashleigh McLean
Associate Broker
Madison and Company
(303) 847 - 2312
I'd also recommend the Baker neighborhood (as previously mentioned) and Washington Park West. Please call Kevin McCoy 303 564 7304 or email: Kevin@porchlightgroup.com. I'll explain my choices.
I am selling a 476 sq foot condo at 17th and Franklin. You can walk downtown and on 17th street there are dozens of cool restaurants and bars. The unit is beautiful and totally renovated. Check it out on MLS. It's 1760 Franklin St, number 4 Denver co 80218.
Hi, I live in the Alamo Placita Park neighborhood and there are many restaurants, bars, grocery stores and parks. A lot of young people live here too and the proximity to downtown is wonderful. Are you looking to buy or rent? I have sold in all the areas of Denver. I am also a Denver native So, I know all the areas and what they have to offer. You can contact me if you have more questions.

molly@mollywilliams.me
Cap Hill, Cheesman Park, Whittier, Downtown, Wash park are the first ones that come to mind : )

Best of luck!
There are a few areas that are very popular right now. Baker, as mentioned, has a fun night life, neat old homes and is close to everything. West wash park can be affordable, if you are lucky, but is close to the park (Denver's Beach in the summer) and easy access to downtown. Capitol Hill is young hip and fun and can be affordable. Highlands is the hot place to be and carries a higher price tag, but always worth a look.

I would be more than happy to speak with you and can point you in the right direction.

Congrats on grad school and moving to Denver. You wont regret it!
Are you looking buy, or rent? There are plenty of great neighborhoods that fit your general description, but often vary greatly in price. Also, what do you consider affordable? Rents went up in the Denver metro area quite a bit in 2013.

Some of the neighborhoods you should consider, if you want to be close to - but not in - downtown.: Washington Park, the DU area, Bonnie Brae, Belcaro, University Park, Bible Park, and some part of Englewood. Purchase price and rent rates will vary considerably.

If you're into mid-century modern architecture, you should consider Krisana Park, Virginia Village, and Lynwood. Kind of eclectic neighborhoods,

If you want to be in the thick of it, near the ballparks and downtown nightlife, there are some lofts in and around the Riverfront area that would be worth a look (not the most affordable). If they're in the budget, check out The Glass House at 1700 Bassett. Very cool. Not cheap. Others near there are also worth a look.

Happy to show you some homes in different communities if you're in the market to buy.

Larry Brake
303-877-5242
HomeSmart Realty Group
LB@MileHiHomes4Sale.com
http://www.MileHiHomes4Sale.com
BAKER BAKER BAKER - you'll love it : ) Capitol Hill, Cheesman Park, Mayfair has a lot of development going on but not a lot of action yet as far as restaurants/bars, Highlands & LoHi but less affordable. You're going to love it here - welcome! : )