Quality of Life in Brooklyn>Question Details

Henry, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

Service dog in co-op building NYC

Asked by Henry, Brooklyn, NY Sun May 19, 2013

My co-op building is not allow dog there. However,my next door has a "service dog" as they said for half year already, but the building management said the dog owner didnt provide enough documents to proof it as a service dog YET. Can I compaint the dog always making drumming noise food step on hardwood floor while it is running in there appartment? The dog owner always walk dog very morning like 6am and late night like 12am and he always band the door hard while in/out of his unit, I always wake up by those sound.
Should the dog owner need to provide dog ID to building management?
Can I complaint those problems even it is a real "service dog"?
What is the qualification to have a service dog?

Thank you

Answers

1
For any necessary legal advice consult with an attorney; you can direct your concerns to management, or perhaps discuss any issues in a friendly matter with your neighbor. See link for possible helpful information regarding service dogs http://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm