The Hurst, Home Buyer in Santa Barbara County,...

SMOG???

Asked by The Hurst, Santa Barbara County, CA Mon May 31, 2010

Is the quality of the air really bad??? I think the area is beautiful, I have asthma could I live there?

Answers

5
Roland Corral’s answer
Hi again,

Linda is right! The mountain views are beautiful especially in winter. Most peaks are covered with snow and are truly remarkable. We are also very close to skiing, the beach, Disneyland... We are centrally located as far as Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas is about 3.5 hours away as well as Laughlin.

The shopping here is fantastic! As a matter of fact, my office is located right in the center of beautiful Victoria Gardens Shopping & Entertainment Center right on Mainstreet in front of the park and the shooting water fountain children like to play in.

Please let me know if you haven't owned a home in the last 3 years as well. You may be able to qualify for down payment assistance and first time home buyer programs.

Again, feel free to call me anytime at 909-917-6176
You are correct!!! Rancho Cucamonga is beautiful....I especially love fall and winter with our beautiful mountain views.
Yes, Rancho does experience smoggy summers but many people with asthma figure out ways to live with it.

Please let me know if you need any help finding a home in the area or if you have any other questions about the city. I have lived here over 16 years and have been selling real estate for over 12 years.
Linda Comeau
Mile One Real Estate
lindacomeausold@charter.net
909-230-0856
Web Reference: http://www.lindacomeau.com
Hi, It depends on the time of year. My children have asthma. Sometimes they need their inhalers, sometimes they don't. On some days there may be a lot of wind in the northern parts of the area because of the Santa Ana winds. I wouldn't let that stop you from moving here though. It's far enough from the big LA area that the smog isn't as bad. My kids do fine.

This area is great, we love it! The neighborhoods, shopping, schools, construction, everything is clean and new looking! :) Please let me know if you need help finding anything in Southern California. I'm not only a Realtor but a Licensed and Certified appraiser as well. If a bank won't lend hundreds of thousands of it's own money without the advice and expertise of an appraiser, why should you do any less? I have access to many more databases than others do and have a lot of experience in Shortsales and foreclosures. I'm an REO agent as well.

I hope this helps. Please don't hesitate to call me. 909-917-6176
God Bless,
Roland
Well California, All winter i asked my asset managers to send a little California here. Well today The media is compating NH to California as we awoke all smoked in, you see smoke from the Canadian wild fires has come south on teh northwestern winds and filled our skies with a gray haze.

Next time California... i would like some California sunshine but thanks for thinking of me.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Hi the Hurst,

I live in Rancho Cucamonga myself, and yes the air quality can be bad on certain days. The weather on the news usually tells when it is too bad to go outside and do aerobic activities. I have friends with asthma and they do just fine. If they want to work out they just go inside to a gym. I ride my horse in the mountains on during the summer I can see a haze, but the rest of the year is fine. We are up higher than say Norco etc when tend to sit in the bad air.

If I can help you find a home, feel free to call me or visit my website to search the MLS at http://www.inlandempirehouse.com

Joan Patterson, B.A., G.R.I., A.S.P., Realtor, License #01431647
8250 White Oak Avenue, Ste 102
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
951-204-1864