D&cbrown, Other/Just Looking in Northfield, MA

Retired couple from New England considering a winter home with less snow and cold. Any 50 communities or?

Asked by D&cbrown, Northfield, MA Mon Apr 13, 2009

areas geared toward part-time residents?

Answers

16
Louis Finnegan’s answer
We came to St. Marys, GA from Cape Cod, MA for many of the same reasons you must have. There are "50's" designated communities in the area, and some just evolved that way. We live in Osprey Cove, a gated golf and recreational community wtih 24/7 security. There are families with school children here, but the majority of the residents are 50 and above. It's actually a good mix of hobbies and special interest groups that keeps the community spirit active. It may be more important to focus on your lifestyle, living space needs and price range first, and the type of community second. There are numerous choices in both homes and condos that should fit your needs.- Lou Finnegan, Keller Williams Realty
Folks from Florida are moving to Tennessee because of our mild weather and low cost of living and low taxes. Unless you want to have dual homes and live in Florida in the winter and somewhere else in the summer, I would suggest NC,TN,KY or Ark.
Tennessee is a "Good Inbetween place" Mild winters, Mountains, Lakes, and lots of small town values. There are many Bedroom communities around Chattanooga, for the people that like country living and work in the city. A Great place to live, I have lived in various parts of the state my entire life.
There are lots of folks with just the same thoughts that have retired (at least part time) to Lake Havasu City, Arizona. We are a city of around 55,000, small enough to know lots of people, yet large enough to find most anything you would ever need. We are about 150 miles southeast of Las Vegas and 210 miles northwest of Phoenix. We are known for the London Bridge which was relocated here from England in 1968. We are also known for beautiful winter temperatures and weather, NO snow, friendly people, golf, and of course water sports. Our real estate market has been steady the last several months, and the inventory of homes on the market is steadily decreasing. Lake Havasu is a great place to live year round or part time, as many of our snowbirds do. We don't have 50+ communities here, but there are plenty of activities, clubs and organizations to participate in and you would feel at home quickly. Would love to talk with you about our great community!
Donna Blanchette
Keller Williams Arizona Living Realty
888-530-8162
928-486-8770 direct
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 12, 2009
I have traveled all over Florida and have been involved opening mulitple real estate offices around the state. I have found Naples Florida to be the nicest area you will find in Florida and I personally could have lived any place in Florida, but I have picked Naples for it's beauty and lifestyle options. I have 2 agents in my office from New England and they just love it here.
SO CLOSE...YET SO FAR.
I have the perfect location for you to live. You will love here in Bean Station, Tennessee. You will enjoy the beauty of East TN. All four seasons are just incredibly gorgeous. We have a 2- bedroom, 1-bathroom home. Only 7/10 of a mile from Cherokee Lake. One hour to Gatlinburg. Email me, and let me send you pictures and information on our home. The price is $64,500. Believe me, you will love it here. frtwome@yahoo.com
My next door neighbor is moving. He lost his wife recently and he is moving in with his kids. The house is 2.3 acres ,2 stories 5 br and 3 baths. It backs up to a 250 acre open farm owned by the city as a natural area. He has not listed the home yet, but I would be happy to give you his daughters information if you are interested.
I will send you the address as well so you can research the property if you contact me via email
Rob Mitchell
Murfreesboro,TN
Greetings Retired Couple

I have the Perfect Location For YOU with the Right Price; Southern CA Temecula Valley Area and the Warner Springs Area. Visit my web site at http://www.TemeculaHomes4Sale.com for more information on the area and my contact information

Rocky Rovedatti
We have a nick-name for those of you that don't desire to go "all the way" to Fla. and
yet want to be just a day's drive to the N.E. That's called a "half back", and we are dead
center of that part of the country. I'm talking about Eastern Tennessee, more specifically,
Chattanooga. We've been named as one of the best retirement places in the country.
As a matter of fact, just today I had some clients that had retired to Fla, but are tired
of the high taxes and insurance and are coming to Chattanooga. Please contact me and
I can send you some information on some great retirement communities here.
Judie Morton
Crye-Leike Realtors
423 243-6666
You might consider Sun City, Texas. Located just north of Austin, TX in Georgetown, it's a great community with a variety of housing options. The winters are wonderful and the quality of life in this area is not to be beat! I'm a transplant from North Dakota and cannot imagine going back to real winters! I'm including the Homeowners Association Website for your review.

Please contact me if I can answer any other questions about our area. I'd love to help. One of the things I can tell you is that we don't have any hurricanes in Austin!

Carol
Greetings Snow Birds. I have the answer for you. My husband and I are wanting to sale our home that we have in Birchwood, TN. This small town is about 45 minutes from Chattanooga , TN and 30 minutes to Cleveland, TN. We are just a 10-15 minute drive from Dayton, TN. Our home is 5,000 square feet it has 3 floors, a formal LR & DR. Two kitchens, 4 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, 2 1/2 baths. A pool, and a boat dock on the main channel of the TN river. E-mail me @ holidayinnexp792@bellsouth.net for more information . Our asking price is 400,000. We are open to a lease purchase or a rental on our home. We are wanting to move north. I am from VA and traveled the New England area growing up. So you e-mail me and I'll tell you all about this area, and our home. You can tell me about the New England snow. Talk with you soon. The Gibby Family
Come to Signal Mountain, TN!

Palm Beach county, Florida has dozens of such communities. Many are geared to increase their shows, trips and activities once the "snowbirds" start coming in to town. There is much to say for being here in the winter. Having spent most of my life in New York, the simple idea of not having to shovel snow, or drive in it, is very appealing. You couldn't pay me enough to move back north.

Come on down and enjoy our mild winter weather.

Nadine Mauro
Regency Realty Services
561-414-0864
NadineMauroRE@yahoo.com
D&C,

Consider options that include southwest Florida where the weather and quality of life has many of its residents referring to it as "Paradise." There are many people from the Mass. area that have fallen in love their part time residences in Sarasota and Charlotte Counties.

Good luck with your search.

The Eckler Team

Michael Saunders & Company
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
941-408-5363
Hello - My sister and I live in Michigan and inherited our father's home, a walkout ranch on Lone Mountain in Lone Mountain Shores, Tazewell TN. Lone Mountain Shores is an association community but our home is just outside of the association, so its restrictions and dues to not apply. The home sits on 3.68 partially wooded acres with an additional 2.88 acre lot adjacent to it that we would like to sell together. The mountain views are breathtaking from every room and in addition, the 5 plus acres are on 700' of frontage on Norris Lake Reservoir. Because the home sits high enough on the mountain for terrific views, the water frontage is on somewhat of a steep decline, but certainly accessible. Five miles from driveway to driveway, is Woodlake Golf Club, a Par 72 Championship Golf Course - called "one of America's best new courses" by Golf Digest in 2000. After reading your posting, I thought this might be something you would be interested in. I'm not a realtor but we're looking into listing the home soon. If you would like more information or photos, please email me at dmswanson@comcast.net or call me at (616) 897-4947.
I came down from Boston area 11 years ago to Middle Tennessee and live 1 hour east of Nashville... love it and it's perfect for the type of community you're looking for. No more cold, wet NorEaster winters or short cool summers. Weather is really beautiful and we've got mild winters,,,rarely see snow (but it can get cold, but it's drier than New England)

We've got some 50 communities beginning and some established so it's an ideal area. If you'd like more information, feel free to email me
tina@tinaevans.net
COME ON DOWN!

Tina Evans, Broker
Luna Realty Group
DeKalb County/Smithville TN
Web Reference: http://tinaevans.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 2, 2009