Quality of Life in Stallings>Question Details

john, Home Buyer in Lyndhurst, NJ

Relocating to Union County from New Jersey

Asked by john, Lyndhurst, NJ Tue Oct 14, 2008

My wife and I are looking into Union County for the school systems and the low taxes. We have 3 young children, any recommendations for Stallings, Indian Trail, Wesley Chapel, Weddington... We are looking for a newer home community with lots of kids and room to spread out. @ 1/2 or more. Our price range 300's to 500 or so.

Answers

6
Where did you end up buying? We would love to hear your success story and what you love or don't about your new home. Have a great day!
Hello John,
Just noticed your inquiry and thought I should say Hi! to another Connecticut original. I grew up in Bridgeport & Trumbull.
My wife & I have been down here for 7 years now and absolutley love the quality of life & the generally fair weather.
There are so many neighborhoods here in Union county, I would recommend a preliminary trip, just you & your wife, spend the weekend, and just literally tour the area.
I would prepare a suggested list for you folks to tour at your leisure (you don't need me with you quite yet) then you can get a good feel for where you might want to be.
I can also send you the information onthe schools, so you can begin to develop a preference.
Please feel free to e-mail or call me at your convenience, I would enjoy helping you find your way.
You also should know that as a "Buyers Agent", I would be acting as your fidugiary representative, but my fees are paid by the Seller!
I look forward to hearing from you,
Bob Faulkner
REALTOR®, BROKER
Cell: 704-806-0465 8AM-8PM Daily
bfaulkner@cbunited.com
http://www.cbunited.com/RobertFaulkner
Coldwell Banker United Realtors®
INDIAN TRAIL, NC
Licensed in North & South Carolina
"I don’t sell houses; I help people find the home of their dreams!”
Hi John, congratulations on your move.
My husband and I live in Union County and also have 2 young children. Most Union County schools are great and I think you won't be disapointed. Within your price range you will be able to find some great choices. You might also want to consider Waxhaw/Marvin, where you would be able to have the best of both worlds.... being in Union County but only mins away from Blakeney, Ballantyne, I485, and Stonecrest.
Darren and I would love to have the opportunity to talk with you and your wife. There is so much from which to choose and finding the perfect location is not a clear cut answer... it all depends on what your needs are. There are many variables to take into account.
We invite you to visit our website.

Respectfully,

Cristiane Cacace
Realtor, Broker
RE/MAX Platinum
NC and SC licensed
Fluent in Spanish and Portuguese
http://www.homesofcharlotte.net
cristiane@homesofcharlotte.net
Mobile (704)942-5773
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 9, 2008
John,

You might want to look into the south charlotte area. Charlotte is one of the fastest growing cities in this country. My brother used to live up here in nj, out in byram. He moved to south charlotte 2 years ago and he loves it. He moved into an area called riverpointe. It's a private lakefront community. He bought a new construction while it was still being built. The house is 4000 square feet, 5 bedrooms, 4 full baths. He paid 442k, only $3300 dollars in property taxes. I have been down there to visit him a few times, and it is great down there. Much better quality of life, and your money will go further than living up here in the tri-state area. In your price range, you will be able to find a very nice house. I am actually thinking about moving down there myself. I would contact susanne that posted below. The company she works for is the largest real estate company in the carolina's, and they handle the kind of houses you would be looking for. Good luck with your relocation, you're making the right move.
I would stick to Wesley chapel, weddington and waxhaw area. WE are at Newtown Elementary with Cuthbertson middle next year., Hollister, Lawson, silver creek, Weddington Trace are nice neighborhoods.

I would stay away from Demere, and be leary of Wesley Oaks one side that leads into the Target parking lot.

Lots of Ny'ers and NJ'ers. We moved from LI last January
Those are all wonderful areas to live in and all feature newer home communities in that price range. With three young children, your best bet would be to check out the Union Co school system to see what schools fit you best. See the link below. I would love to help you find the best home and area for you and your family. I live in Stallings and am a Union County native, so I know the area very well. And I have three young children, too! Please let me know if I can help! susanne.verrill@allentate.com
Web Reference: http://www.ucps.k12.nc.us/