Quality of Life in Portland>Question Details

Michael Thac…, Real Estate Pro in Louisville, KY

Portland Revitalization

Asked by Michael Thacker, Louisville, KY Sun Sep 8, 2013

Who else is super excited to be hearing of the plans to revitalize the Portland area of Louisville? Sounds like some really sound thinking is going into the planning and also sounds like there is some firm dollars behind it all!

I think that its going to be great!! You?

Answers

7
Already sounds like there is a LOT of interest in that area! Very exciting for that part of the city!

Michael
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 11, 2013
I agree Michael. This area badly needs some investment and the Portland Revitalization plan is on schedule.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
Saw a great video of Gil Holland speaking about this plans for Portland yesterday, then just found this story on InsiderLouisville.com.

All very exciting!!

http://insiderlouisville.com/news/2013/08/23/portland-update/

Michael Thacker
REALTOR
I drove down into Portland over the weekend and what a great area. So much potential!!
I think it is great that Portland is getting some needed investment. I look forward to seeing it take on a renewed life.
Yes, I am really excited about what I am seeing and hearing! When the money starts flowing it will really start some momentum in other sectors.

I think that its going to be great!!

Michael
It would be nice if they fixed Portland up. I don't remember Portland ever being a nice neighborhood, but I've heard stories of its history when I grew up there. I would say its about time!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
There is some pretty amazing housing stock in that section of the city and much of it continues well outside of the border of the Portland neighborhood.

We have such a great city architecturally and revitalization will help bring others to see the gem that it really is!

Very excited about all of this as you can tell!

Michael
Flag Mon Sep 9, 2013