Quality of Life in Petaluma>Question Details

jeannescreen, Other/Just Looking in Petaluma, CA

Petaluma looks like a wonderful place to live. How is it for singles over 50?

Asked by jeannescreen, Petaluma, CA Sun Jun 9, 2013

Answers

5
Anna Cota’s answer
Great place, dating is horrible though- especially over 50! Not alot of pickings in a such a small area... you will be living next to the couple of their ex's- if that is cool! They hey, enjoy!
I think it's great for all ages! There are so many organizations and events to pull you into the community whether you're single or not!
My wife and I moved to Sonoma County from Los Angeles based on the vibe of the people, sense of community and the nature. We love the trees and hillsides... there is literally something in the air here (besides the smell of the farms on really hot days) that we are so attracted to. People are very friendly and open to chatting with one another. Little bars, restaurants, cafes, wineries, farmers markets and festivals are EVERYWHERE and often feature live music. Farm-fresh meats and veggies are common place, even in the smaller cafes. It's not uncommon to find locals who are 3rd or 4th generation Petalumans. There is a reason those folks never left ;^)
Somehow I forgot to mention the incredible beer that is made locally. Laguitas is right in Petaluma and many other great breweries very close by.
Flag Mon Jun 10, 2013
There are lots of great things to do here! We have great places to eat, 3 farmers markets, Butter and Egg Day Parade, you have never lived until you been to one of them! At xmas Santa comes up the river on a boat! chili cook off, Peggy Sue Car show, go to my website Cindyrobertspetaluma.com I post things that are happening in town. Give me a call 7076953883 I would be happy to chat with you! Also check out John Crowleys Aqus news and join he puts out all kind of activities going on in Petaluma or check out meet up groups for all kind of activities! Good luck
Well, it all depends on what you are looking for! But if you are looking for lots of activities check out our local newspaper for Sonoma County, http://www.pressdemocrat.com Although Petaluma is a wonderful town and great place to live, I might also recommend further north where there are more wineries and events at wineries, so check out some of the concerts and outdoor events throughout the county. If you're thinking of buying a place, there are many nice condo communities. Feel free to drop me an email for a list of some nice communities in the county. Best, Terry
Terry Bell, Realtor
CPS Real Estate
http://www.TerrysHomes4sale.com
TerryinSR@aol.com
707-292-5712
DRE#01414808