Dallas, Home Buyer in Charleston, SC

Noise level of Portrait Homes' Townhomes (i.e,

Asked by Dallas, Charleston, SC Tue Sep 11, 2007

Anyone live in any of the Commons (Fenwick, Grand Oaks, etc.) who has an idea of how "leaky" the walls are to your neighbors? They seem well constructed, and, from what the real estate agent told me, double-buffered - I just wonder how well it blocks out noise...

Answers

8
Hi Dallas - I spoke with a few of our clients who purchased in the neighborhood and they have had very little issues. The big is to have a buyers agent working for you with Portrait. We were able to get additional incentives from them that they were not offering in their advertising. If I can be of assistance, please call me at 209-9667. Thanks, Randall Sandin, Carolina One Real Estate
Ask the agent the contractor specifications many luxury apartment complexes have 7" concrete walls between each unit fairly close to sound proof.
http://www.lynn911.com http://www.homes-for-sale-dallas.com
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
Dallas,

I own a unit that I rent out in Fenwick Commons. These are well built for the price and you should hear very little from your neighbor! Given the nature of town houses you will hear some noise, but while painting our unit, we didn't hear anything from the neighbor over the three days we were there.

Lee
I live in the Grand Oaks Portrait community. I chose a paired ranch, and my unit shares a common wall in the master bedroom/bath. I've been in it for a few months and the only time I've heard even a peep from next door is when they moved in and were hanging pictures. I could hear hammering, but that's it. The family next door has children. I've never heard any televisions, conversations or children. I'm VERY happy with the construction and the quality. Good Luck! I hope this helps!

I very good question that is often overlooked. When I represent someone in a common wall sale I always bringa radio with me and turn it up loud to see if it permiates to the other unit. Most tract building do a good job but it's always in the details that makes the big diffrence. Each project can be diffrent.
I have sold several Portrait townhomes in the last several years in the Charleston area. I always do a thorough walk thru with my clients to make sure that everything is perfect. I found a problem with several homes that I have sold.. Portrait builds a good home,but sometimes the workers over look things that they think no one would notice.( this is the case with most builders) I make sure that problems are corrected before closing.I don't know about noise level ,as I have never lived in one of the townhomes,but if that is a concern,I can contact my former clients and find out for you.I can also let you know some of the problems to look out for. If you are not working with a Realtor, I 'd be happy to represent you. Make sure that you have your own Realtor. The site agent in a new construction neighborhood,represent the builder. not you. So make sure that you have a Realtor working for you in your best interest. I have been selling homes in the Charleston area for over 12 years and have the experience to know what to look for.
Ed Finch 843-367-0348 Prudential Carolina Real Estate ejfinch54@aol.com
I am also impressed with the construction and design of the Portrait Homes Townhouses. They do a great job in their communities. I would be happy to take you through them if you like. Lisa Thompson, Realty Executives of Coastal Carolina 843/270-2221.
Portrait is an expert in multi-family construction but, like most production builders, makes all decisions with a sharp eye on costs which of course allows their aggressive pricing. That said, I have sold over 6 of their townhomes in different neighborhoods and have been impressed.

Josh Watts
Sandlapper Real Estate Group
Managing Partner
843-478-8228
jwatts@sandlappergroup.com