Lynn, Home Buyer in Treasure Island, FL

My parents (age 82,85) looking for ACTIVE senior area, prefer home.300k range within 50 miles Treasure Island FL. Club, activities. SUGGESTIONS?

Asked by Lynn, Treasure Island, FL Tue Jan 3, 2012

They are most interested in an area to easily meet people. Dining and activities for very active people. They love to go go go! I am also planning to move to area and have family scattered in the area, so any suggestions would be helpful and why you think this would be a great place for them. Thank you so much for your time and effort!

Answers

13
Hi Lynn,

Have you checked out Treasure Island? My Mom loves Treasure Island, and she's a very "active senior." Treasure Island Beach has a beach side sidewalk (behind the hotels and restaurants) that locals call the prominade; it's a wonderful way to get some exercise, take in the sunset, listen to the beach bands, and "commute" to all of the restaurants, nightclubs, grocery stores, drum circles, fireworks displays, and other beach events. Treasure Island has a nice central location (it's main attachment to the "main land" is, in fact "Central Avenue" which is the main West-East road from the Beach to downtown St. Petersburg). When we lived in Isle of Palms on Treasure Island, we walked or bicycled to virtually everywhere we needed to go (walk to beach, bike to John's Pass; bike to health food store, Mall, Beall's Outlet; walk to grocery store, book store, etc.). Mom uses a small local golf course in Treasure Island, but there are several other golf courses within a short drive, and there are numerous tennis courts, ball courts, ball fields, etc. within a 5 to 10 mile radius. Mom lives in a "walk up," but some seniors prefer elevator or ground floor locations in view of ease of grocery bag "hauling" and potential future mobility considerations. Not sure if it would be right for your parents (as it's a second floor walk up), but here's a link to a nice 2/2 Waterfront Condo with panoramic waterfront views, deep water boat slip, and 2 parking places, located only 2 blocks (about a 5 minute walk) from Treasure Island's public beach and boardwalk: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3072793381-11045-3rd-St-E-Treas… You can also get to the virtual tour from http://www.youtube.com/user/TreasureIslandCondo It's available for rental at $1450/month; but owners are open to future sale with seller financing available. Good luck with your search, and welcome to the beautiful Pinellas County Florida Gulf Coast!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 26, 2012
You might consider Isla Del Sol area in Southern most Pinellas County. It was developed by General Electric in the early 80's and consists of Casa Del Mar, Palma Del Mar, and Bahia Del Mar. There are other developments on Isla Del Sol as well like La Puerta, Playa Escondida and Isla Key Across a short bridge are several other nice developments. Isla Del Sol is a beautiful resort style are with palm trees, golf courses and a yacht club. Yacht club and golf memberships are optional and extra. Isla De Sol is only a mile from the beaches of St Pete Beach. Condos on Isla Del Sol; however, are not 55+ so I don't think they have planned activities...which if that is what they are wanting then I would suggest Sun City Center retirement village which is across the bay and inland which is a true 55+ community with different housing subdivisions and I know different ones have many activities. There are many golf courses there too. WCI develpers built Sun City Center from the ground up. Sun City Center is a truly active 55+ community.

Barry Smith
Excellent Service Realty
727-773-6677
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 18, 2012
Your answer is right here in Treasure Island! It is a very senior friendly community with many choices of quality restaurants and the beach in your back yard. If your parents are active, they will love the T.I. Yacht Club and the numerous activities there. All ages are encouraged and everyone is very welcome.
The communities that would fit your suggested price point and would be close to the beach would be Paradise Island, Yacht Club Estates, Isle of Capri, Isle of Palms and Causeway Isles. Of course, we don't like to think about it but hospitals are very important at their age. There are many within a 12 mile radius, all with different specialties.
If my parents were that age and moving to Pinellas County, Treasure Island would be my first choice. Its a great community and I would be honored to help :)
Kimberly Young- Charles Rutenberg Realty 727 542-9733
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 4, 2012
Lynn, within 50 miles of Treasure Island includes a gigantic amount of real estate. It is very, very likely your objective for your parents can be met within 5 miles of the beaches and significantly less than 300K.
15 Miles to the north, and 3 miles from the beaches is Highland Lakes, a large golf course community of detached villas and full exterior maintaince.

A short distance to the south is Boca Ciega Shores, a community of high end single family homes that are water front centric with private boat slips and easy access to the Gulf of Mexico. These homes are will typically be higher that 300K but some opportunities appear for those with fix-up tolerance.

Then there is always the single family bungalows in historic Gulfport. A beautifully pedestrian community with many retirement resources including condos and townhomes available.

The link below will allow you to surf what is available in the local multiple listing service.
http://www.MyListingbook.Listingbook.com

If north county has any attraction take a look at the comunity website for Dunedin below.
http://www.MyDunedin.com

If I can help just give me a call.
Annette Lawrence
Broker/associate
ReMax Realtec Group
727. 420. 4042
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 4, 2012
Hello Lynn,
We have many great communities that match your parents criteria. The first one to come to my mind is "Tamarac by the Gulf". A great 55+ community. Clubhouse, swimming pool, golf course and pet friendly. Home exterior and lawn maintenance are all provided by the Homeowners Association.

Acccording to Mapquest, Tamarac is 11 miles (25 minutes) North of Treasure Island, close to the Gulf Beaches, shopping and dining, 3 hospitals are in the area. For available properties in this area and others, please contact me. I look forward to helping your parents find the perfect home.

Brenda Wooldridge, GRI
727-418-0900
brendaw@tampabay.rr.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 3, 2012
I am a lifetime (50+ years) resident and a 30+ years Realtor here on Treasure Island (full time since 1979)...you said "home" so I assume you do NOT want a condo? There ARE condos that literally share the Parking Lot of The Club? For their age a condo might be worth a look? I can be reached on 727-458-7828 if you'd like a free consultation? You have likely been inundated with inquiries, but I KNOW I can be of help! Best Regards and Season's Greetings
Great suggestions below--Isla Del Sol is an awesome country club area. Getting away from the beach is Seminole Lake Golf and Country Club Estates, the Bayou Club, and Bardmoor. All of these are golf and country club neighborhoods that have a clubhouse with restaurants and activities. The Treasure Island area in general is very nice (they can join the Treasure Island Yacht Club where they have concerts and activities and a good restaurant), as is St. Pete Beach. They may also enjoy the Pasadena Yacht and Country Club area where they can enjoy boating as well! One doesn't need to go 50 miles from Treasure Island to find what your parents are looking for!

Best of luck!

Carol Claudon
CENTURY 21 Top Sales
727-631-6630
Check out Bellagio, Clearwater, Great retirement population, golf cart community with good social events.
Ask re:315B Via Tivoli
Shawn Byrne
Lic. Realtor - Remax Metro
ShawnLbyrne@yahoo.com
727-692-6672 Cell
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 8, 2013
Boca Ciega Point 55 plus boating & Gated Community in St Pete comes to my mind.
It is a lovely place for Seniors with so many activities going on Year round and wonderful people live there!!! Waterfront villas available with your own dock and boat lift!!
Grand Children are welcome too!
Ciao for now and good luck!!!
Giulia Nota
Century 21 Jim White
Treasure Island,Fl
727-656-8295
Isla Del Sol Area. Dolphin Cay ? Nice club house, Isla Country Club. Very Active community
Hi Lynn,

Another area of Tampa Bay for your parents to consider is Westchase. Although this is not a senior only community it does have a lot of activities for seniors and if you should decide to move to Tampa Bay you will also enjoy living in Westchase. West Park Village has nice Villas that may be a great fit for your parents and they can buy one for $300k or less. Take a look at the community website:

http://www.westchasewca.com/

I specialize in Westchase and would be happy to assist you in your search if you're not already working with a Realtor. You can browse Westchase listing on my website (zip is 33626) by signing up for a free ListingBook account:

http://www.SoldOnTampa.com

Alma
Alma Rose Kee PA
Future Home Realty
813.244.9898
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
Hi Lynn,

There are several great areas to consider within 50 miles of Treasure Island, in the greater Tampa Bay area. If they prefer a home - I'm assuming Single Family Home - instead of a condominium community, there are many nice communities that have many optional activities for people on the go. To best assist you, I'd recommend we schedule a consult where I can learn more about your folks preferred activities, needs and desires in a community and type of home. Please contact me direct at 813-728-3333. I also recommend visiting my website where you can research numerous areas, and where I can set up searches and auto alerts to notify you when new listings meeting their needs come on the market.

I look forward to being of service and speaking with you soon.

Regards, Kim
Hi Lynn,

Regards, Kim