Quality of Life in Stockton>Question Details

Donna, Other/Just Looking in Stockton, CA

My name is Donna. I live in Stockton,CA. I am currently living in a house that I rent on month to month

Asked by Donna, Stockton, CA Thu Jan 3, 2008

bases. My boyfriend and I are not currently getting a long and he has not paid rent but is paying cable bill. I stated in letter that he could live here with out paying rent if he is activily seeking employment. He has been here for year now. He was under care of Dr. Dec 06 til recent, but no limitations to working. He is not seeking employment, therefore I would like to find out my options on getting him off of the property.

Help the community by answering this question:


Larry G Williams, GRI, CDPE’s answer
A good legal question! My guess is that by having him sign that letter you have a legal contract. Typically in California we give tenants a 30 day notice to vacate the property. If tenant doesn't comply, you can give a 3 day notice. Ater that you must take legal action in the courts. Bigger bookstores will have books on tenants (and landlords) rights in California. Nolo Press has a very good book on this subject.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 29, 2008
Hi, Donna. That might be more a legal question than a real estate question. Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 3, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer