Lovebdus, Home Buyer in Fort Worth, TX

My husband is thinking of taking a posting in Fort Worth, with 5 children school is a huge concern. Are there good public schools in the area?

Asked by Lovebdus, Fort Worth, TX Tue Feb 23, 2010

Answers

16
Sloan Yorek’s answer
Yes, there are many highly regarded schools in this area. I have a booklet with Texas ratings of the schools. I've scanned in the pages if you'd like it, I'm happy to provide. However, keep in mind that one parent's definition of "good school" may differ greatly from your family's definition of "good school", so be careful when listening to friends' and co-worker's and other advice. If what you value in a school is not what someone elses values, then you're hearing misguided advice. To you it may be curriculum, but to another parent it may be one thing only: TAKS test scoring. To another parent it may be student to teacher ratio, or extra-curricular activities. Know what means more to you, then work with an agent who can help you find THAT type of school and area and neighborhood. I'd be happy to share these resources with you and your family. Feel free to contact me via telephone or email: Sloan@BrantsRealtors.com 817-223-5435.

Kind Regards,
Sloan Yorek
Lovebdus

The best thing to do for any area is find the source of the source. Find the local school site
for the area you are moving to and review the report cards. This will give you an idea of
how well students are learning and teachers are teaching in the area.

A Good Realtor in the area can also be the source of the source for information you need in
a given area.
There are many small towns west of Fort Worth that have great schools. Weatherford, Brock and Mineral Wells are all good schools.
Web Reference: http://www.landsoftexas.org
Yes, there are many different schools though. It really depends on what area you're looking at. Check out http://www.greatschools.net to get an idea. Please contact me if you have any other questions.

Whitney Peddy
Owner-de Luxe Homes & Estate
(817) 808-9189
whitneypeddy@yahoo.com
Hey there Guys,I am a new user, and I just wanted to say hallo to you guys.

I found this web page trying to find some thing ( I don't remember what) and fell in love with this particular website.

I am warm and friendly and also completely nice with every body

Signed up to try and try to make some new pals and also have good talks.

I am single and have two dogs, I've got a a large amount of hobbies and I found that this web site features a lot to offer so here I am. I am searching forward to to know several of you as well as enrolling the many forums.

i am loving the discussion board from just what ive viewed thus far and look forward getting in many posting activity

Thank you for having me!
Hey everybody just introducing myself, i'm merely a nobody who enjoys music and writing longing to make pals in this community forum

I came to this web site trying to find some thing ( I don't remember what) and fell in love with this web page.

I am friendly and also completely cool with every body

Signed up in an attempt to try to make some new friends and also have excellent conversations.

I am married and also have two kitties, I've got a a large amount of hobbies and I found that this particular web site has a lot to offer and so here I am. I am seeking forward to to know many of you fellas as well as joining the numerous discussion boards.

i am totally loving the community from just what i have viewed thus far and look onward getting in some posting activity

Thank you for having me!
Hi there, can anyone please let me know how I can reset my password? My computer promptly saved my pass word but I cannot recall it so now I want to totally reset it.

Memnfumpwoume
Having lived in Fort Worth my whole life and worked in Ft. Worth ISD (as well as having 4 kids who attend school here) you can't beat Tanglewood Elementary. It is like free private school. And the schools that it feeds to are exceptional as well. Definately the best in Fort Worth and I've worked at a number of schools around here (as well as in Mansfield, Arlington, and Crowley). Hope that helps.
Yes....it might depend on what part of town the job will be.
Some of the highest rated schools are in Keller ISD in North Fort Worth....76244 and 76248 zip codes.
On the south side you might want to try Mansfield ISD.
There may be others since Ft. Worth is very spread out.

Bruce Lynn
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Keep in mind opinions are suggestive, and what's good for one may not be necessarily the case for another--since you are expressing school concerns, why not take the time and personally visit a couple of districts, speak to the principal, teachers, etc., ask all your questions, take a quick tour of the facilities and then make a determination will your comfort level be reached--
Yes, there are great public schools in Fort Worth. I don't know how familiar you are with the ranking system, but each school (unless it's too new) will have a ranking from the state based on a number of factors, including the assessment scores from student testing, drop-out rates, class size (student:teacher ratios), etc... Look for schools that are recognized and exemplary. Greatschools.org is a good website, which a lot of real estate agents do recommend. But, each school will have a website and posting of their ratings as well.

You said 'posting', so I wonder if a VA loan or Texas Veterans Land Board loan may be applicable in your situation. Great interest rates and service for qualified veterans. I'll post a website below that you may find helpful.

I do suggest you work with an agent. There are new areas of growth in Fort Worth that shouldn't be missed, and if you go it alone, you may grow weary of the search before you find them. There are lending programs in Fort Worth specific to certain zip codes that are for encouraging the sale of existing foreclosure and vacant short sale properties. For Fort Worth home purchases - new or resale, I recommend Paul Duncan from WR Starkey Mortgage. Ask Paul about the Fort Worth NSP.

Have a blessed day!
Ronda
Web Reference: http://texasrealestate.com
There are many good school districts in the Ft. Worth area! Keller, Northwest, and Mansfield are all good school districts! Where in Ft. Worth will your husband be working?

Here are two good websites to get more info on schools and school districts in the Ft. Worth area:

http://www.greatschools.org
http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/perfreport/aeis/2009/index.html

I would love the opportunity to assist you & your husband! I specialize in the sales of brand new homes in the DFW area. Please feel free to call or email me at your convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Make it a Blessed Day!

Tamika Turner
"Your New Home Specialist"
Cell: (972) 697-1178
Fax: (682) 222-1049
Email: Info@NewHomesInDFW.net
Website: http://www.NewHomesInDFW.net

“Providing the Keys to New Home Ownership!”
Look at Mansfield ISD, I have a friend with children there and they say very good things about it. My friend had previously enrolled her children in private school before moving to Mansfield. Their subdivision is called Ridge Trace. I have an upcoming listing there (4/3.1/3/2) in her subdivision. Call me if you have any questions (469-236-9899).
Hi...Fort Worth is a great city... If you will email me and give me the details of where your husband will be working, I can give you a complete breakdown of the schools of the whole area. I am assuming that "posting" may mean the Naval Station, but maybe not.

I am a native of the area and know neighborhoods and schools well.

DiAnne Arnette, Keller Williams
Aledo and Brock are said to be coveted school districts( toward Weatherford, about 20 min west from Ft Worth). I have heard that if you have an Autistic child, Birdville ISD is the place be. Let me know if you want to look in this area. I cover FtWorth + 50 mile radius. http://www.parkerdavisrealestate.com
You can find details, do comparisons, see ratings, etc. on such web sites as Greatschools.org and Education.com (there are others as well).

You can also search available homes around Fort Worth on my site (link below) and see info on nearby schools for each property by clicking on Tools from within the details of each property. If you know the name of a specific school, you can also enter that on the search page and it will show you properties just within that district.

If you have any questions or need any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks and good luck!