Quality of Life in Dearborn>Question Details

Drendon01, Renter in Claremont, CA

My husband and I are relocating to Dearborn, MI. Any suggestions on neighborhoods with young families and close to shops and restaurants?

Asked by Drendon01, Claremont, CA Wed Mar 14, 2012

Answers

8
Fairlane Woods Estate Apartment Homes would LOVE to serve you and your family. Please visit us at our website referenced below to learn more about our neighborhood and the luxurious finishes we offer.
We are a rare and unique community as we are actually part of an established Homeowners Association which is located on land Henry Ford himself once hunted on! As you might imagine, our pristine grounds are lavish - Fairlane Woods is not your ordinary, run-of-the-mill, sardine can variety apartment communities for sure! My name is Kristen and I am proud to manage the community alongside a team of devoted colleagues who are equally dedicated to pampering our Fairlane Woods Friends & Neighbors!
Whether a year or a lifetime, we would truly be honored to welcome you home.

Welcome to Dearborn!

Kristen - Property Manager
Fairlane Woods Estate Apartment Homes
Zip code 48224 is a very good area. There are really nice areas of Dearborn . West Dearborn south of Michigan Ave, between Monroe and outer drive is a great area. If i can be of assistance please call.

Bob Schweiss
Remerica Hometown One
(313)779-6188
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
West Dearborn is better for young families. private schools and walking distance to shopping and restuarants. East Dearborn is tight Middle Eastern Community with many ethnic shops etc. Noisy and alot of traffic.
I just put my home up for sale by owner in the area you are looking. If you haven't already purchased a home, the address is 442 North Rosevere, 48128 zip code. I just posted some pictures on zillow.com too, if you would like to take a look.
Welcome to Dearborn Drendon01

Great choice and I do hope you find the location you are most comfortable with, from schools, parks, restaurants, new civic center, and services provided by the city. I have been selling in these parts for over 13 years and will be glad to answer any questions.
Drive the area, and chat with people.

I would love to set up some showings if your available. Please contact me when you would like to do so
Hi there,
I am also moving to Dearborn (from Midtown Detroit) within the next month. I'm a young professional looking forward to starting a family in a highly desired area. I've decided on West Dearborn (48128 and 48124). It's within biking/walking distance to downtown w. dearborn which has a great deal of restaurants, bars, farmers market, family activities, and EXCELLENT schools. I hope this was helpful!
Hi Angela, I just put my home up for sale by owner in the area you are looking. If you haven't already purchased a home, the address is 442 North Rosevere, 48128 zip code. I just posted some pictures on zillow.com too, if you would like to take a look.
Flag Fri Aug 31, 2012

As Realtors we can't suggest any certain areas or tell you which neighborhood is better than others. I would call the Dearborn Police Department and inquire into the city and different areas.

Also, take a few days and drive around the entire city and see which areas you like. Talk to residents and walk into some businesses and ask some questions. I hate to tell you to do that, and I know you may think why can't a Realtor just tell me, but it is against the law. It is called "steering" and we can't do that.

Spend a few days in the city and drive around and see which areas interest you the most. If you would like for me to set up a search of available proeprties, email me and tell me what you are looking for and I can set that up for you.

Thank you and I hope this helps a little,

HAIG
Elias Realty
(248) 379-6547
realtorhaig@aol.com