Quality of Life in Belfair>Question Details

Bonnie, Home Owner in Bremerton, WA

My boyfriend, son, and I just moved to Belfair AUg 1 and spent over a grand moving... Now the owner is moving back and kicking us out.. help?!

Asked by Bonnie, Bremerton, WA Wed Oct 23, 2013

Our stuff never got the promised space in the garage and has been in the torrential rain and is ruined. I lost my mobile home by moving since I had to break lease with the park and I also left stuff behind and got rid of over $4000 in newly purchased appliances since the ones here were promised at our disposal. So in a nutshell, I lost everything to move here and we are being forced out. What kind of help can I get? I am disabled and on TANF and my boyfriend just got a job last month.....

Answers

4
As for whatever legal issues you have involved here, I am not qualified to respond. Seek legal advise from a property and licensed attorney.
M>
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013
a contiguous based attorney in that field doesnt exactly exist.. its hard because I am on TANF and very low income.
Flag Fri Oct 25, 2013
What does your lease say regarding this? It should provide the framework to address this....good luck
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013
My lease is a basic copy and paste standard lease. it says lease stuff.. my boyfriend says the only reason it states we could be notified and evicted is for US breaking terms or if they SELL the house.
Flag Fri Oct 25, 2013
Bonnie,
Your situation sounds awful. If you've move into a place, you can't be "forced out" without proper notice and in compliance with your lease and Washington law. I've attached a link to the Washington State Landlord Tenant Law where you can begin to research your situation. Start here to address your basic shelter requirements. I'm sorry you are having to go through this.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 23, 2013
Thank you, Dan. My boyfriend and I know what they are doing is breaking Washington State Landlord Tenant laws... however they are trying to strong arm us by saying we can stay til nov 31 if we sign a paper omitting the legal stuff and we wont have to pay rent. it was dumb anyway.. we lived in a tent in the yard for 3wks when they were still packing.. and still had to pay them rent. People in this state just like messing with low income people it seems.. I can't lawyer up because of the fact I am on TANF and can barely make ends meet.. so their bribe is tempting, but I also want to show them a lesson.... because my sons christmas is now ruined since I told my family I need help and since its around that time, I guess presents take a back seat to a home... :-/
Flag Fri Oct 25, 2013
You should make contact with Northwest Justice Project or Columbia Legal Services for free legal assistance. If they are unable to help try Thurston County Volunteer Legal Services - all these entities can be found using the internet.