Quality of Life in Ellijay>Question Details

Laura, Home Buyer in Pennsylvania

Moving to Ellijay Ga. How are the schools (15yr), safety, jobs?

Asked by Laura, Pennsylvania Sun Jun 22, 2008

where can she play lacrosse closeby? Community Theater?

Answers

5
Judy Aselton’s answer
Shools are getting better everyday! Brand new middle school complex just opened this year on east side and it will one day have high school and elementary school also. In different areas, the Gilmer Cty students have been winning competitions and sporting events. Go to local newspaper, The Times-Courier, and read some of their success stories.

For a growing small town, it does very well to keep crime at bay. Both City of ellijay and city of East ellijay have their own police force and the county sheriff's department does well also. We have a brand new courthouse and retail development is growing.

Jobs here are mostly in the medical field, maybe some construction, but we are within communting distance of north Atlanta suburbs, so those would offer options. Best bet-go on newspaper and see what is being offered.
Judy Aselton, Realtor, ePRO
Ellijay and Blue Ridge and Cherry Log
judy@judyaselton.com 678--463-1129

My website or other local ones can connect you to school records so you can make your own determination.
Web Reference: http://www.judyaselton.com
There is so much to do in this area. There is a great community theater in Blue Ridge, just up the road.

This is a very safe area. It is so funny to see that stores leave all their merchandise outside and it doesn't get stolen over the nights or weekends!

For a great listing of the many opportunities for play and leisure activities, there is a website called BlueMooseToDo.com. It lists classes, volunteer opportunities, resources, restaurants, etc. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 30, 2009
Being a school teacher once myself, and knowing the superintendent of the Ellijay High school I can say that the schools are excellent. We live in a small community that is very family oriented with lots of support from families as well as the community . Lacrosse is not available at this time. If I can assist you in any other way It would be my pleasure.

Colleen Bonner
Coldwell Banker High Country
Ellijay, Ga.
706.889.5712
colleen@colleenbonner.com
Yes there is a community theatre in both Ellijay and Blue Ridge (15 minutes further north). I am not sure there are any Lacrosse leagues/teams here-she would probably have to go to north Atlanta to find games. We are more about soccer, softball, fast pitch or basketball!

Judy Aselton
Blue Ridge-Ellijay-Cherry Log
judy@judyaselton.com
Laura,

I don't know a lot about Ellijay specifics. My company has an office in the Jasper area and I know some agents there that would be a great help in answering your questions and helping you find a home.

I have a wonderful home listed in Dawsonville, that's not too far away from Ellijay. I'm not sure your reasons for picking Ellijay so Dawsonville may not be an option for you.

Contact me if you would like me to get you in touch with one of our other agents or if I can assist you with anything else.

james.dudley@era.com