Quality of Life in 60056>Question Details

Jennifer,  in 60068

Mount Prospect was named the best place to raise kids in the US. Does this impact your location decision?

Asked by Jennifer, 60068 Thu Dec 11, 2008

I am curious if buyers consider such a rating as this most recent one of Mount Prospect, to be one that would influence their decision on choosing a location to move. OR is this just one of those "nice" features about a location they may have already narrowed down.

Answers

3
Quality of Life is great in Mount Prospect!!! I am proud to have my business here.
Its important for agents to be up and aware of the quality of life and various benefits of living in a particular community and to be able to educate their buyers on these sometimes "hidden features".

Heres another take on Suburban Quality of Life - Are young residents fleeing suburbia for the city and vowing to not return? Follow the link for article from Realtor Magazine.

http://realtormag.realtor.org/daily-news/2014/04/18/young-re…
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 3, 2014
Alot Of People That Relocate To The Chicagoland area And Are Not Yet Nailed Down On A Exact Location Would Find The Positive Profile Of Mount Prospect Very Helpful In Making A Location Decision Especially If They Are Families With Children Who Would Benefit From The Highly Ranked Schools in Mount Prospect
Number One Rule in Real Estate: LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! Yes, I think the fact that Mount Prospect was named the best place to raise kids in the US does have an impact on a Buyer's decision on whether to move to that community. But location is not just a "town"...location is the physical location of your home (such as...Is it on near a park or walking distance from a grade school, etc.); does it have a cemetery next to it, or is it on a busy street? The physical location, as well as the town that it's situated in, all plays a part on a Buyer's decision to purchase real estate. I think when people from out of state are looking at homes, and don't know the areas in Illinois that well, the fact that Mount Prospect was named the number one place to raise kids will play a major deciding factor on whether to move there when relocating.
Web Reference: http://www.ChrisManisco.com