Shari, Home Buyer in Melbourne Beach, FL

Melbourne Beach or Vero Beach?

Asked by Shari, Melbourne Beach, FL Wed Sep 19, 2007

We have just relocated from California to Florida and are trying to decide where to plant some roots. We have middle school and elementary school children. Which has the better schools and a good safe neigborhood enviornment?

Answers

5
Congratulations on your move Shari! I am a native Californian from San Diego and am so happy to be here in Florida! I live right on the ocean for a fraction of what if would have cost back in San Diego. Brevard County schools are ranked among the top in the nation. Visit http://palacepropertiesonline.com/scholls.aspx to gain more direct schooling information. As far as a safe neighborhood is concerned, Melbourne Beach is extremely safe. Yet, I would suggest Indian Harbour Beach (this is where I live), since you still enjoy the great, safe community, but you also enjoy many (and I mean many) more cultural, civic and social offerings. Furthermore, you will be much better situated logistically regarding everything from grocery shopping and eating out to general stores and airports. I would love to work directly for you and take care of your real estate needs for you. Again, my fellow Californian, welcome to paradise!

Mark Palace, CEO/Founder
Palace Properties International, Inc.
http://www.PalacePropertiesOnline.com
321.773.5611
321.704.9305
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2007
Hey Mark,

I think you are are our savior...

I think we should all just bow down and thank our lucky stars that you are with us!

You are self-promoting. This is totally unacceptable on Trulia.

All buyers, and sellers, please be aware that this person continues to break the rules of Trulia. He needs a deal "SO BAD" he can't help himself and can not follow the rules.

Think twice about doing business with someone who knows the rules but disregards them and continues to abort the spirit of Trulia.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2007
I am going to leave you with this piece of advice:

The Curious Secret to Getting People to Believe You
Ever wonder how you could get more people to believe you?
It’s easy, actually. And quite odd the way it works.
What’s the secret? Never tell a man more than he’ll believe.
Sounds like a moron statement, right?
Let me explain why it’s not.
The Law of Diminishing Credibility
There’s a law of diminishing returns directly tied to the law of diminishing credibility.
Even if you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that a home will triple in price in the next 5 years, if you have any concern that the buyer might find what you say hard to believe, it’s best to leave that information out.
See, the moment your claim passes the point of believability, credibility drops off like a rock.
In the 60’s some brilliant ad men took advantage of this.
Selling the Ugliest Car in the World
Remember the old Volkswagen sedan with the rag top that hadn’t changed in 20 years, the round top one?
One of the ugliest cars ever made.
In addition, it didn’t have any extra features that any ad man could talk about. Only later years did it have a gas gauge.
You could get so many miles on a tank of gas that you simply drove it until you ran out of gas and then switched to a small reserve tank that held more than enough fuel to get you to the closest gas station.
When the Doyle, Dane + Bernbach agency was given this account, they must have groaned.
What could you say about the car?
It only had two features: it was cheap to run and it was reliable. But everyone already knew that.
What more could they say about it?
Then they hit on a brilliant flash of inspiration: they decided to tell the truth.
I can imagine every ad man in America coming off their chairs and saying, “You are going to do what?”
Doyle, Dane + Bernbach ran a whole series of ads that said, “This car is ugly. It looks like a bug. A beetle.”
“This car is slow. You’ll be lucky if you ever get a ticket.”
The results of the campaign?
Phenomenal. People loved the campaign and sales shot up.
The truth. Simple, pristine truth is an astounding force. And these ad men had touched on a very important key of persuasion: if you point out the disadvantages, it makes everything else you say more believable.
How This Works in Real Estate
In real estate this might mean being frank with others about a house with some real issues, like its small, only has two bedrooms or one bathroom. The roof hasn’t been shingled in 25 years. It’s so old there isn’t central air and heating.
But once you have the disadvantages out of the way, then you can share the advantages.
“Quaint cottage with a historical background. Nice for one, maybe one-and-a-half, with ambition and muscle and a tad bit of cash.”
Isn’t that curious how that works?
By positioning the disadvantages first, you view the advantages in a whole different light. And it is a whole lot easier to swallow.
Besides, when we see an ad for a home that says “great home, lots of potential” don’t we immediately think, “Money pit.”
This rule of persuasion says this: never tell a person more than you think they’ll believe.
In fact, tell them the truth, share with them the disadvantages first, then move onto the advantages and you’ll have a captive audience.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2007
I live in Melbourne and work in Vero Beach. Both areas offer great schools, neighborhoods, and beaches. Even better...you can live minutes from great schools in between the two cities in an area known as Vero Lake Estates... 25 minutes south of Melbourne and 10 minutes north of Vero Beach. Very close to the big and beautiful Sebastian high school. I sell brand new homes starting at $139,900 (including the lot). Call me at 321-431-9441 if you need help.
Professionally speaking, I would say that Melbourne schools are top choice. Melbourne Beach is much more of a family oriented area, especially if you go down towards the Sunnyland area or South Melbourne Beaches. You are far enough away from the maddening crowd, but close enough to get to everything and I have many customers who choose Melbourne specifically for the schools! My name is Maggie and I am a REALTOR with Coldwell Banker in Melbourne and my cell phone is 321-626-8756. Give me a call!