shortzstuff28, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Looking for affordable houses in neighborhoods with good schools in Los Angeles. Help please.

Asked by shortzstuff28, Los Angeles, CA Wed Dec 12, 2012

Hi I'm looking for areas to buy a house and raise a family in Los Angeles. My husband wants to live near Calabasas and I want to live either in South Pasadena or Aracadia. Neither one of us wants to budge. Any other suggestions?

Answers

1
Hi Shortzstuff! Well, as you know, there are quite a few neighborhoods between Calabasas and Arcadia! If schools are of primary importance and you are looking for a good middle ground, you may want to consider Glendale. Along with Calabasas, South Pas, and Arcadia, Glendale has a wonderful elementary school and is a very family-oriented community. Eagle Rock, which is in LA proper just east of Glendale, is also highly coveted for the school system. Home prices in each of these areas vary wildly, so I think the best first step would be for you and your husband to get preapproved with a reputable lender. The price point you are comfortable with should help you and your agent quickly identify and narrow down some good options for you. Hope this helps! Please let me know if I can assist you in your search~ Elise Knepper, http://www.ThePropertyShopLA.com