Gregg Brockw…, Both Buyer and Seller in San Francisco, CA

Kid friendly yard in San Francisco?

Asked by Gregg Brockway, San Francisco, CA Tue Jul 17, 2007

Is it possible to find a kid-friendly yard in a nice neighborhood in San Francisco?

Answers

3
While most lots in SF are 25 x 100 there are some areas where the lots area larger in the areas West Of Twin Peaks especially Ingelside Terrace. Many of those homes are on lots that are over 5,000 sq ft.. Many other of the neighborhods in this section of the city are great for kids. West Portal, St Francis Wood, Monterey Heights to mention a few. There are also many natural areas with in walking distance like Mt Davidson, Stern Grove, Golden Gate Heights and of course Golden Gate Park is also close by.
Jed Lane, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA
I've lived in several places in SF with backyards that would be great for kids - one was a duplex flat in the Marina, one a triplex flat in Cow Hollow and one a triplex flat building in the Inner Richmond. I have friends in these areas that owned single family homes with the same yard set up. All are nice areas and the yards seemed pretty huge to me, but I am not sure of the sq ft. -- Big enough for a jacuzzi tub, large playset and an herb garden, at least. The yards were at least twice as long as they were wide. I had a smaller sized yard in the Castro.
With most lots being 2500 square feet, the backyards tend to be very small. Depending on your budget there are some homes in outlying neighborhoods, such as West Portal that provide larger lots with more decent backyards.
Mario Pinedo,…, Real Estate Pro in Beverly Hills, CA