Quality of Life in Columbus>Question Details

Mcott097, Other/Just Looking in Columbus, OH

Job is on Cleveland Avenue, looked on google doesn't look like a 'nice' safe neighborhood. What is a safe neighborhood for a two?

Asked by Mcott097, Columbus, OH Wed Mar 17, 2010

bedroom (two adult roomates) *who are moving from a smaller city out of state*?

Answers

2
Cleveland Avenue is loooooooooooooooong. Cleveland Avenue runs from Downtown Columbus up into Delaware County.

There' is a link below to a site that will give you some information about crime in Columbus. I do not know if Westerville and Minerva Park are reporting crime to this site. Many of the suburban communities do not. City of Columbus reports to the site, so you can see on a map where crimes have been reported in the city. You would probably have to contact the Westerville police if you are looking that far north. Minerva Park has no apartments although I suppose it is possible there are rental single family homes (I do not work rentals) in the village. The Village of Minerva Park has a reputation for having a very vigilant police department. Most of the areas along Cleveland Avenue are going to be City of Columbus until you get pretty far north.

Good luck in finding a home and neighborhood that suits you and welcome to Columbus.
Depends on the type of property, your affordable range and from how far you are willing to drive.