Quality of Life in Sausalito>Question Details

J.P., Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

Is Sausalito good for families with children?

Asked by J.P., Tampa, FL Mon Apr 23, 2007

Why or why not?

Answers

5
You may not have realized this post is dated April 23, 2007--

Fair Housing Laws do apply to this question--” Check out area statistics; real estate professionals are prohibited from “steering”—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods; so, you should check out demographics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached. Again as a buyer, do your own homework first, then take it from there.

Anna
.I'm currently raising my two children in Sausalito and loving it. There are many more children than one would imagine but if you come to any of the parades on July 4th, Easter or Halloween you'd see them all. The re-schools are tremendous but the problem historically has been the elementary school is not one of the better ones in Marin County. However there is hope with a charter school that has been making good progress. It's called Willow Creek Academy http://www.willowcreekacademy.org There are other options as well like sending your children to one of the private schools in the area. If that's not your cup of tea there are many other communities to choose from and if you would like to get a public school guide for the Marin County School system please don't hesitate to contact me.
Web Reference: http://marinhomesale.com
Sausalito doesn't have a reputation for being good for families mainly because it is largely hilly and the public schools don't have the best reputation. There are quite some smaller private schools moving in to take up that slack. I raised my son here and we both really enjoyed living in Sausalito!
Sausalito's public schools are terrible, probably the worst in Marin. The public schools are mostly used by students from Marin City, this is a shame becuase the town is a fantastic environment otherwise for childern, nice parks, wonderful beach, and a beautiful natural environment. There are lots of park and rec. programs as well.
Our city is very good for families, with good schools and the most dollars per student in the county.