Quality of Life in Tiburon>Question Details

Halley S., Home Buyer in New York, NY

Is Tiburon good for families with children?

Asked by Halley S., New York, NY Mon Apr 23, 2007

Why or why not?

Answers

4
When I was a kid, COMMUNITY was so very important. It seems as though the sense of community is a lost art in many areas, but not in Tiburon. My parents BEGGED me to move here, and once I finally did, the "Tiburon bug" bit me almost instantaneously...but Shhhh...Tiburon is our little secret.

From Friday Night's on Main Street, to the Labor Day Parade, to Concerts in the Park, to the Reed Halloween Parade, to the Reed School Regatta, to Blackie's Hay Day, to family hikes up Ring Mountain or on the Tiburon Ridge where a 360 degree view begs for the most elaborate afternoon picnic, to family bike rides along the Tiburon MUP bike trail to enjoy views from Mt. Tamalpais, to Strawberry, to Sausalito, to the Golden Gate to Belvedere along the Richardson Bay, to visits to the Audobon Society to learn about nature in Tiburon, to soccer games played on McKegney Green along the bay, to baseball games where parents come together and laugh and celebrate their kids, to plentiful, casual high fives with friends at the local grocery store or post office, and the list goes on and on and on...

Sure the schools are phenominal, and one of the reasons I will continue to make Tiburon my home, but the COMMUNITY makes Tiburon the most AMAZING place to settle and call home.

I have posted a few home video clips of some of these events to You Tube. Feel free to use the links on my website at http://www.CandaceNordstrom.com.
Tiburon is a great place for families with kids. In addition to living in a beautiful city by the Bay, a short distance to neighboring cities like Sausalito, Mill Valley, and Larkspur, it has The St. Hilary's grade school and the Reed School District which are distinguished schools in the area. Great outdoor and boating activities!

Nancy Riley
Real Estate Agent in Tiburon
Fantastic place for families. Why? Safety, schools, and outdoor activities. Large play areas and parks, with a beautifully maintained biking and walking path along the bay.
Tiburon is excellent for families with children. High ranking schools, recreational facilities, modern library and fun community events help make this a very desirable place to live.