Stephan, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Is Healdsburg good for families with children?

Asked by Stephan, San Francisco, CA Mon Apr 23, 2007

Why or why not?

Answers

4
Terrie Mironicki’s answer
I was hesitant to move to Healdsburg over 25 years ago. However, it has turned out to be the best place to live and raise a family. Both of my girls went to school here, one is now working in San Francisco in advertising and the other is currently attending medical school. The people are friendly and community oriented and the town offers high quality lifestyle.
I moved to Healdsburg when we had our son, because we wanted him to grow up in a neighborhood like we did when we were little. Healdsburg is like a throwback to the fifties. In our neighborhood we are surrounded by great neigbors who have become close friends. My best friends live next door and across the street. There are also nice family activities like music in the park on Tuesdays and the Farmers market and there are a lot of kids. It is very kid friendly and family oriented. When out of town friends visit we take them to the square for wine tasting, shopping and great food. Feel free to email me with any questions.
Recreation abounds here! The Russian River runs by the east side of downtown, then there is Memorial
Beach where people gather to picnic, swim, canoe and kayak. Lake Sonoma is just northwest of town, offering hiking and water sports while the woods of Fitch Mountain lie to the east. As a family we love to walk to the Plaza-we use the playground and public tennis courts, for golfers, there is a public 9 hole golf course, Tayman Park just up South Fitch Mtn.
Also Healdsburg Recreation Park offers lighted baseball/softball, and football fields.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2007
Due to its small town character and the many accessible parks and open spaces Healdsburg is ideal for families with children of all ages. There are several excellent public and private schools in town or within a short driving distance (10 minutes).