Quality of Life in Kentfield>Question Details

Stephan, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Is Kentfield good for families with children?

Asked by Stephan, San Francisco, CA Mon Apr 23, 2007

Why or why not?

Answers

9
Eduardo Gutekunst’s answer
Like all homes in central Marin and the Ross Valley, it is a great place for kids; weather, schools and parks.
Yes Kentfield is a great. We have great schools, parks, neighborhood activities. Hiking and biking trails.
The first concern for most families when moving to a new location, is the schools. Kentfield has great choices which includes both private and public schools. The schools enjoy outstanding test scores, and the non profit public organization the Kentfield School Foundation, http://www.kentfieldschoolsfoundation.org/,helps support education at Bacich Elementary and Kent Middle Schools. Kentfield also has The College of Marin Campus.The second biggest concern when moving a family is the issue of safety. Kentfield has a low crime rate, allowing children to walk and ride their bikes to school. As far as fun activities, there is hiking, biking, soccer and baseball leagues, swim teams and tons of other kids to play with. I know because I live in Kent Woodlands and see kids out enjoying themselves all the time, as mine did before they went off to college. They still come home to enjoy the fantastic weather and community that makes up Kentfield.
.
Stephan I moved to the Kentfield School District in 1996 from the East Coast and chose this area because it is an excellent area for families. Quite frankly I don't think the quality of life can get much better. We have excellent weather, fantastic schools, a convenient location near San Francisco, and wonderful people in our community.
Bev Shwert
Dear Stephan,
Kentfield is an excellent place to raise kids. Start with the school district -- one of the best in the Bay Area (see my website for links to test scores). There are also many parks, and easy access to Mt. Tam for all the biking and hiking trails. Ross Valley Little League, Ross Valley Soccer League, and Grizzlies Lacrosse are just some of the sports leagues available to young children. Many swim and tennis clubs offer swim and tennis teams open to non-members as well. The weather is superb -- warm summers offer ample recreational opportunity. The community is extremely welcoming. The Ross Valley Mother's Club is a great way for moms to connect, and there are dads' activities as well. I've sold 4 homes in Kentfield just this year to families, and currently have another listing. I've also written a book entitled Babies by the Bay -- full of resources for young families. Feel free to contact me if you would like more information.
Yes. It is safe, Close to excellent schools, Several homes are large and have big back yards. Many children live in the area. Lots of hiking and biking trails.
Probably one of the best areas for families and children. Kentfield is home to the Bacich School District...one of the best, with some of the highest test scores in all of California.
Excellent for families and children, school district rated number one in the county. Very low crime rate. Loads of parks, hiking trails, 20 minutes to Stinson Beach, 20 minutes to SF, 30 minutes to the wine county.
I have three kids and moved here because it's such a great place for kids. The schools, soccer leagues, baseball leagues, swim teams all make it possible for families to meet with eachother.