Halley S., Home Buyer in New York, NY

Is Lighthouse Point good for families with children?

Asked by Halley S., New York, NY Mon Apr 23, 2007

Why or why not?

Answers

4
Lighthouse Point is a lovely city. Beautifully maintained it has an outstanding "pride of ownership" feeling. there are lots of community activities an assortment of school choices all conveniently located. shopping and EZ access to major highways and airports. This east side location is close to the beach and offers an array of water activities-after all this area is known as "The Venice of America". If you'd like additional more detailed infomation please contact me.
It is a wonderful place to raise your children. I have raised my 3 children here for the last 14 years! It has a small town feel. Residents enjoy getting together at the park to watch their kids play sports and we make long time friends as our children grow together. The city has many fun filled events for the entire family several times throughout the year. There is so much to do, yet you can just enjoy doing nothing if you feel like it. The tree lined streets are great for walking, bicycling, and the beautiful waterways offer another whole set of options. My youngest son could climb a boat tower before he could walk! These days he takes his own boat out on the very same waterways! I wouldn't have wanted to raise my children anywhere else.
Yes, this city is good for families with children because of the many outdoor activities available in the South Forida area.